D.G. College was founded in the year 1964. It is ranked as College for Potential Excellence and reaccredited with a score of ‘A’ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The college now offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research Programmes.
The college has attained an Autonomous status from the academic year 2009-10 granted by the University Grants Commission (UGC). It also cater courses specifically for increasing employability. With a combination of courses offered even in the Evening shift, many students have benefitted and this has carved an ultra-dynamic reputation for the college.
The college also boasts of a well-developed infrastructure and many co-curricular and extracurricular activities being an indispensable part of the college.
It offers admission to BCA and B.Com courses.
- Both the courses are three years full time courses.
- B.Com is provided in two shifts whereas BCA is offered in one shift only.
- Evening shift B.Com course focuses on specialisations like Corporate Secretary ship, Accounting and Finance, Honours and Bank Management apart from the General B.Com course.
Important Dates B.Com & BCA
| Registration || 30th Apr - 15th Jun , 2018 |
D.G. Vaishnav College B.Com AND BCA Eligibility Criteria B.Com & BCA
- Candidate passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 60% marks.
- Candidate must have subjects like Commerce/Business studies, Accountancy, Mathematics / Business Mathematics/Economics/ Computer science in class 12th.
- Compliance to minimum age limit of 17 years on or before the commencement of course according to government norms is strictly followed for every course intake.
D.G. Vaishnav College B.Com AND BCA Admission Process B.Com & BCA
- Only those students who satisfy the above mentioned eligibility criteria can apply for the courses.
- To apply for any course of your choice, a candidate needs to fill an application form.
- Candidates can download the admission form from the college website: www.dgvaishnavcollege.edu.in
- Click on the Admissions section, download the form and fill in the relevant information disclosing all the information correctly.
- SC and ST applicants can avail the application form free of cost once they submit an attested Caste Certificate.
- Application forms for day shift courses can be downloaded after 10+2 results are issued.
- The application forms are available only for 10 days after the issue of results.
- Application forms for evening shift courses are available in the month of May.
- Once the application forms are submitted in the college office, a merit rank list based on the score achieved in 10+2 course is released.
- A candidate can check the merit list online on the college website.
- Those candidates who are selected for the course then need to complete the admission process which includes submission of admission form, verification of documents and payment of fees.
D.G. Vaishnav College BCOM AND BCA Documents
The following documents are essential to get admitted to any of the course:
- 10th Marksheet
- 10+2 Marksheet
- Transfer Certificate from School/College
- Caste Certificate if applicable
- Passport Size Photos
All these documents are required while submitting the admission form after the candidate has been selected.
D.G. Vaishnav College Contact Details
Following are the contact details of D.G. College, Chennai:
Address: #833, E.V.R. Periyar High Road, Arumbakkam, Chennai- 600106
Phone Number: 91-44-23635101/ 23635102/ 23635105/ 23635106
Mail id: email@example.com