filter your search allcollegesexamnews

GET FREE COUNSELING

Osmania University UG Admission 2018

Updated On: JUN 16TH, 2017

Osmania University is located in Hyderabad, India which was established in 1918. It is the third oldest university in Southern India which was named after the seventh and last Nizam of Hyderabad.

The university provides education in various domains including programs like B.A, B.Sc., B.B.A, BCA, BSW and BBM.  Candidates who have completed 10+2 can apply for these courses. Direct admission is given to the students, who will satisfy the desired eligibility criteria. Candidates can register themselves to the above mentioned courses by submitting the application fee of INR 400/- and registration fee of INR 100/-.

  • Mode of Application

    Online & Offline Both

  • START DATE - END DATE

    20th May, 2018 - 06th Jun, 2018


Important Dates

Bachelor of Arts [BA] , Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] , Bachelor of Social Work [BSW] , Bachelor of Computer Applications [B.C.A.] & Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA]
STATUSEVENTDATE
Date of commencement of online registration & submission of applications 20th May, 2018
Last date for submitting the online application 06th Jun, 2018

Eligibility

Bachelor of Arts [BA] , Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] & Bachelor of Computer Applications [B.C.A.]

The eligibility criterion of the BA/B.Sc/BBA/BCA/BSW/BBM courses is mentioned below:

Eligibility: Candidates must have passed two year’s intermediate examination or recognized 10+2 examination with aggregate of at least 40% marks. For SC/ST students, passing marks are sufficient for admission.

Note: Candidates belonging to SC/ST category need passing marks in 10+2 from a recognized board/council to get admission in any of the courses mentioned above.

In case of admission to BCA course, students with Mathematics at intermediate level will get preference.


How To Apply

Bachelor of Arts [BA] , Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] & Bachelor of Computer Applications [B.C.A.]

Aspirants can follow these simple steps to apply for the UG courses.

  • Candidates can apply by filling the online application form available on the website “http://dost.cgg.gov.in”
  • Candidates can register themselves to  the UG courses by submitting the registration fee of INR 100.
  • Candidates can pay the registration fees through Credit Card / Debit Card or Net Banking.
  • Candidates are advised to take the printout of filled in online application form.
  • Candidates must upload the following documents along with the filled in application form:

For Intermediate Students of Telangana :

  1. Intermediate Hall Ticket Number.
  2. AADHAR Card Number.
  3. Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking facility to pay the admission fee.
  4. Recent passport size photo. (Scanned photo not more than 100 Kb.).
  5. You need a valid mobile number.
  6. Caste Certificate Number issued by MEESEVA (If applying under any reservation).
  7. Income Certificate Number issued by MEESEVA (Required if scholarships are claimed).
  8. Sports, NCC, NSS, CAP and PH scanned certificate copies in case of availing admission under special category.

Documents required for candidates belong to other state:

  1. Qualifying examination Hall ticket Number.
  2. AADHAR Card Number.
  3. Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking facility to pay your admission fee.
  4. Recent passport size photo. (Scanned photo not more than 100 Kb.).
  5. You need a valid mobile number.
  6. Caste Certificate (If applying under any reservation).
  7. Income Certificate (Required if scholarships are claimed).
  8. Sports, NCC, NSS, CAP and PH scanned certificate copies in case of availing admission under special category.


Admission Process

Bachelor of Arts [BA] , Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] & Bachelor of Computer Applications [B.C.A.]

Admission will be given on the basis of marks obtained by the student in 10+2 examination. Students will be selected for direct admission provided they must satisfy the desired eligibilitycriteria


Reservation

In each course, 85% of seats are reserved for the local category candidates. Remaining 15% seats are filled by local and non local candidates.

CatgeoryPercetage of reservation
Scheduled Castes (SC)15%
Scheduled Tribes (ST)7.5%
Female candidates33.33%
Backward Classes – A7%
Backward Classes – B10%
Backward Classes – C1%
Backward Classes – D7%
Backward Classes – E4%
NCC, NSS, Sports, Cultural activities4%
Children of Armed Forces Personnel (CAP)2%
Physically handicapped3%
Supernumerary seats in each course from outside State of Telangana5%
Foreign candidates15%

Comments

Comments


No Comments To Show

×