Aiman College of Arts & Science for Women was founded by Aiman Education and Welfare Society in the year 2000. It is an ISO 9001: 2008 certified and affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli. The college is approved by UGC
- The College, which had been operative, previously at Aiman Education Trust’s Building at Azad Nagar and then moved permanently to the present site at K.Sathanur during 2002-2003.
- In addition a Masjid for offering salath in an idyllic atmosphere was also built in the year 2006.
- In (2002-2003), the College got an affiliation from the University for offering M.A-English course
- The College offered started with 3 UG course: B.Sc-Computer Science, B.Com and B.C.A.
- Now, the college offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes in the field of Arts , Science, Commerce and Computers
- Students who have studied within India however outside Sri Lanka and Tamil Nadu must obtain the eligibility certificate from the Bharathidasan University
- The college has ‘MUBALLIGHA’ Course a 3-year Diploma Course offered under the United Welfare Organization (UNWO), Chennai, and conducted in the afternoons. As a part of empowerment the students are given training in Fashion Technology, Desk top publishing (DTP), Spoken English and Arabic skills by experts in these fields
- AIMAN College has entered into a MOU for BBA & B.Com students CSC for conducting a certificate course on Retail Management
- The institute secured 7 University ranks from Nutrition & Dietetics, 1 from B.C.A, 1 from B.Com and 1 from B.A (English) in the batch 2011-2014.
- Also, the College has achieved 83rd rank holders in the University examinations. Amongst them 11th are first rank owners
Placement review of the year 2014:
- 13 students of B.Com and BBA were selected for the position of Technical Associates in Capgemini, an MNC on January 21
- 10 students were selected in NTT Data Global IT at KRCE College of Engineering and Technology, Trichy on, Februay 12
- In another placement drive conducted by Cauveri College of Engineering and Technology, Trichy on, march 21 and five students of final year BA English Literature got selected
- Fine Arts Association-The Fine Arts Association brings out the modern talents of the students in many cultural activities. It provides plenty of openings for students to work out their flairs
- Blood Donors Club-The Blood Donor Club of the College is doing an archetypal check to the Society in blood donation.
- Youth Red Cross-YRC provides a prospect for students to ‘worship God by serving man’. The activities of the Unit include edifice a house every year for the monetarily backward students, respite work, help for the physically handicapped, forming medical camps, educational assistance, collection and distribution of clothes and medicines among the poor etc.
- Alumni Association-The Alumini Associationof Aiman College endeavors to promote a long-term relationship between their alma mater and old students. It also enables and encourages lasting friendships through annual summits
- NSS- It has 2 wings in the college organizing numerous social welfare programme like Blood Test Camp, Clean & Green Program, Communal Harmony Fortnight etc.
- The college celebrates the Annual Sports Meet every year
- The college creates different associations for providing a platform to students to develop their learning and skills in particular field like English Literary Association, Nutrition & Dietetics Association, Computer Science Association etc
- Post-Matric Scholarship for students belonging to the Minority Communities - Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination and annual income of their parents/ guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.1 lakh
- Moulana Azad National Scholarship scheme for meritorious students belonging to minorities- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 55% marks in 10+2 and annual income of their parents/ guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.1 lakh