Tamizhan College of Engineering and Technology (TCET) was established in the year 2008 by Mr.K.ThiruKadaluthayam and promoted by Ponkasi Uthayam Educational & Charitable Trust. The college has campus of 24 acres with built-up area of 80,000 sq.m. The College is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The college is located at chenbagaramanputhoor which is at a distance of 15 km from Nagercoi.
- The college is Approved by All India Council for Technical Education
- It is one of the largest engineering colleges in India
- It is located in Tamizhan Nagar, Kanyakumari district, TamilNadu
- National Service Scheme (NSS)-NSS camps are conducted regularly in the villages near the college
- Music & Fine Arts Club- The Music & Fine Arts Club members participate in various cultural events and all necessary facilities, including musical instruments such as Keyboard, Veena, Miruthangam etc are available for the students. The club also organizes regular singing, dancing and music competitions
- Literary Club- Literary club conducts program both in Tamil & English. It caters to the enhancement of language skills of students
- Department of Technical Associations- Each Department organizes a National Level Technical symposium.
- India Society for Technical Education Chapter- the faculty members of College are ISTE members. And the programmes sponsored by AICTE-ISTE.
- IEEE Student Branch- organizes seminars for the students on the latest developments in various fields, imparts training to interested students and encourages them to publish in leading journals & magazines.
- CSI Students Chapter- conducts a number of symposia every year on the latest trends in the IT World.
Library: The library has seating capacity of 150 students and more than 6000 books for students.
Instincts: An intercollegiate cultural festival ‘Instincts’ is conducted every year by TCET Institutions