Good location of the college is very good, close to nature - one would always feel like staying at a hill station bad management has lot of scope for improvement.
Nothing. Everyone is very cooperative and helpful. You can walk in to anyone for any help
No negatives as such, though management can be better. In terms of speeding any process. however that the common challenge with all colleges.
One of the best B-School in the country, especially so when you want to specialize in Marketing or HR. Learning from best quality students who come from across the country after rigorous tests and selection process. college management is highly progressiv
Symbiosis is the best without any competitions. No doubts, it has a great infrastructure, lab, alumni society and different buildings that can hold different events at any point of time.
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management popularly known as SIBM Pune was established in 1978. It remains the flagship brand of Symbiosis and is recognized as one of the best Business Schools in India. SIBM has been consistently ranked amongst the top B Schools in India.
• In 1990, it got the permanent affiliation from Pune University & was the only B-school who has received it. In 1996 the BASE program was introduced to the curriculum of Pune University.
• Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communications is affiliated to Symbiosis International University and approved by AICTE.
• Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade in 2010.
• The main objective of the Institute is to become a top most business school acknowledged worldwide for its academic excellence, understanding & intercultural solidarity & for its appreciated assistances to society ,industry, and students.
With a State-of-the-art accommodation facility at campus & high tech infrastructure at the hill top in Lavale, Pune, SIBM provides a pleasant atmosphere for the overall learning & development. The Institute has tie ups with Organizations & Institutes like:
• Academic Tie ups with State University of Michigan, Seidman College of Business - Grand Valley State University and School of Travel Industry Management, University of Hawaii
• Hindustan Unilever Limited who conducts a series of Work Shops
• Collaboration with ICSI-CCRT
• Tech Mahindra who is the academic partner for execution of various IT related modules
The Alumni of SIBM Pune are a family that has been providing great appreciation & pride to the institute by showcasing their talent in countless fields. Some of the alumni who have contributed a lot in the development of institute are:
• Mr. Suneet Kumar Maheshwari-MD & CEO, L&T Infrastructure Finance Co. Ltd.
• Mr. Ashish Bagga - CEO, India Today Group
• Mr. Aashim Malhotra - Franchise & Commercial Leadership Director, Coca Cola Far East Ltd. Philippines
• Ms. Anuradha Challu - Director - HR, PepsiCo
Some of events that are organized in the Institute are:
• iAspire: It was an online competition where the B-school contenders worked under the mentorship of MBA students from SIBM Pune in an competitive & interactive format
• Arcturus: The Leadership Conclave
• The Senate: It is national Marketing and Finance Conclave
• Entrepreneurship Summit
Transcend’ which is accompanied for three days hosting loads of activities from business acumen to cultural events & is the annual fest of SIBM.
It has a wide range of books, reports, CDs, journals etc for the faculty, students etc. It has over 18,000 books to its shelf.
SIBM Pune auditorium has a capacity of over 600 people to accommodate with all the modern facility and equipments.
Also, it has a modern conference hall.
SIBM Pune campus is benefitted with all the latest and advanced IT infrastructure. Some of the salient features are as described below:-
The scholarships offered by the Institute are:
• Students, who got admission in SIBM & whose total family income is not more than Rs. 2.00 lakh per year, will be qualified for Government of India – New scholarship scheme of Top Class Education for ST students.
• NTPC Scholarship Scheme” is applicable for ST / SC / Physically Defied students doing Full Time MBA course with specialization in Finance /HR / from SIBM as a part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)