There are so many things in this college to enjoy, learn, and it help us to develope ourself in this society. It has its own brand name as LOYOLITE and it will help us at any situation in our life. I love My College than anything else.
The first time I entered the college for admission purpose, it felt like heaven. The infrastructure was beautiful, the buildings looking royal, the classrooms extremely spacious with all the greenery and neat roads and a statue of St. Ignatius of Loyola at the center.
No the college is excellent is all the ways. One can think of getting admitted to learn new things.
I love Management because they have taught every student how to be independent in their life and that helps me when i am working in concern.
The college has great campus and faculty. but just because the college is old, The classrooms (some) are not well furnished. That must be improved.
Loyola College, though affiliated to University of Madras, became autonomous in July 1978. It is autonomous, in the sense that it is empowered to frame its own course of studies and adopt innovative methods of teaching and evaluation.
• Campus Ministry
• Student Counseling Centre
• Training and placement Cell
• Centre for Women's Studies
• RCDA Centre for differently-abled students.
• Loyola Students Support Services (LSSS)
The institutes of this college are as follows:
• Entomology Research Institute
• Institute of dialogue with cultures and religions (IDCR)
• Loyola Institute for Industrial and Social Science Research
• Loyola Institute of Vocational Education (LIVE)
• Loyola ICAM College of Engineering and Technology (LICET)
• Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA)
• Ignatian Institute for Career Development
• Loyola Institute of Frontier Energy (LIFE)
• Loyola College of Education (B.Ed college)
• Loyola Institute of People Studies
Loyola – International Academic Collaboration (LIAC)
Loyola College has signed MoU with top ranking foreign universities to share academic expertise and enhance intellectual abilities through staff and students exchange programmes and innovative degree programmes.
Students Exchange Programme
Programmes at LIAC
This year 100 companies, recruiters and the consultancies have visited and recruiting all the students i.e. 100% placement.
Total No. of students registered for placement: 804
The salary ranges from10,000/-p.m. to 90,000/- p.m.
Centre of Excellence:
The students of Loyola College empower themselves as leaders by participating in various clubs which includes Students Union, Forum for Women Students etc. The clubs are-
• Citizen Consumer Club
• Forum for Intellectual Advancement
• Enviro Club
• Friends of Police
• Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
• Loyola Prolife Forum
• Rotaract Club
• Youth Red Cross Society
The Loyola Digital Library provides 24 hours access to the students
NO. OF BOOKS
NO. OF JOURNALS AND MAGAZINES
NO. OF E-JOURNALS
NO. OF E-BOOKS
BOOK CLASSIFICATION SCHEME
NO. OF BOOKS ISSUED
(Approximately per day) 250-300
NO. OF BOOKS RETURNED
(Approximately per day) 250-300
NO. OF VISITORS
NO. OF STUDENTS (Users)
NO. OF STAFF (Users)
044-228178200 , Loyola Men;s Hostel: - 28175664 , Office Number - 28178261 , 28178262 , Loyola Women’s Hostel: - 28178452