Arya Girls College, Ambala Cantt , was established in the year 1959 with only 38 students. The college has now shifted to the present campus where there is a favourable condition for the girl student and what the education system demands. Today the college runs in a campus of over seven acres with many facilities like spacious playground, vast campus, blooming flowers and bush green lawns. Every year the college endeavour to create new records to attain new heights and the college has been able in the mission to maintain their lofty tradition of the past.
Arya Girls College, Ambala Cantt, is a premier institute of women education in the region.It is providing quality education to the girls of the region by providing holistic education including professional courses.
Clubs at the Campus :
- Youth Club : This club helps in bringing out the hidden talent of the young generation. Cultural activities like Competitions, trips, tours etc. are organized on the campus which provide abundant cultural life to the students..
- Youth Red Cross Club : Youth Red Cross Club trains the students for the service of community, Promotion of interstate and international fellowship, Promotion of health and sanitation of the community.
- Go Green Brigade : This club is particularly associated with the Plantation and maintenance of trees, awareness campaigns for environmental protection.
- Earn while you Learn : As per the instructions of HEC, Haryana, meritorious and needy students are employed on part-time jobs in the college library/office under the 'earn while you learn' scheme and are paid honorarium as per rules.
- Red Ribbon Club: The main aim of the club is to organize a number of activities and lectures to make the students aware of AIDS. Poster making, speech and essay writing competitions are held to sensitize the students on this issue.
- NCC Infrastructure : NCC platoon for girls trains young women in military science and infuses a martial spirit in them.College also has a short shooting range, line area and obstace training centre for girls(under construction).
- NSS : Two units of NSS are functioning in the college to develop all round personality of the students to inculcate in them the sense of dignity of manual labour.
College Magazine : College Magazine YAJNA AHUTI provides the students a chance to express their own views and share the experiences of others. Students contribute articles, poems, essays etc.on various topics written in Hindi, Sanksrit, Punjabi and English.
Newsletter : Newsletter FOOTPRINTS is published twice a year. It contains the details of the activities undertaken by various Departments/Societies throughout the year.