Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) has issued notification for admission to its 3-year (6-Semester) full-time program in Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) for all the applicants.
- Candidates who have completed 10+2 from a recognized institution are only eligible to apply
- Appearing candidates are not eligible to apply.
- Students who wish to make career in the field of Business Management and IT Industry can apply for admission to these courses.
- The list of BIT Off Campuses which provide BBA and BCA programs include Jaipur, Lalpur, Noida and Patna.
- Candidates are required to fill the application forms online only.
- Marks obtained by the candidates in Class XII / Intermediate / equivalent qualifying examination will be the basis of selection.
- The classes are expected to begin in July 2017.
BIT Mesra BBA/BCA Admissions 2017 Important Dates
Candidates can check the schedule below for BBA/BCA admissions in BIT Mesra for academic session 2017-18.
|Last date to apply online||June 15, 2017|
|Notification of campus-wise list of candidates for document verification on the institute’s website||June 20, 2017|
|Commencement of programs (BBA & BBC)||July 2017|
BIT Mesra BBA/BCA Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Campus- Jaipur, Lalpur, Noida and Patna
(a) Candidates need to possess at least 50% (45% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in Class 10.
(b) They are required to complete Class 12 / Equivalent Qualifying Examination with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST/PwD) marks with English as a subject in the qualifying examination.
Campus- Jaipur, Lalpur, Noida and Patna
(a) Candidates should have secured a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in Class 10
(b) They must have passed Class 12/Equivalent Qualifying Examination with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST/PwD) marks with English and Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Practice as subjects in the qualifying examination.
Note: The percentage of marks in Class X and Class XII / equivalent qualifying examination shall be considered on the basis of the Board’s calculation of percentage for the award of Division / Degree / Certificate.
- Applicants who were born on or after October 1, 1992 (for General category) and October 1, 1987 (for SC/ST/PwD) are only eligible for admission.
- The Date of Birth that as recorded in the Class X (High School) certificate is considered valid as proof of age criteria.
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should visit the website of EdCIL for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org) if required.
- If any Board credits grades and not marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure suggested by the Board.
- At the time of document verification, candidates are required to produce originals of Pass Certificate of Class X, Marksheets of Class X and Class XII showing requisite minimum marks, as well as Caste or Special Category certificates in proper format signed by appropriate authority (please see instructions).
- At any level of academic education [Class X or Class XII], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board.
1. For every program at the Institute supported by any of the state governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government.
2. For all other programs the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. (SC -15% & ST - 7.5%)
3. There is statutory reservation for Persons with Disability (3%) in the institute.
4. Up to 6% of the seats at its all Off Campuses are reserved for candidates who are sons and daughters of serving employees of BIT, who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
5. For the candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant, there is maximum of 1 seat at its all Off Campuses that is reserved for who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
6. At all Off Campuses 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed / are appearing for their qualifying examination (Class XII) from the state in which Campus is located. (The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose will be determined on the basis of location of his/her School / College where (s)/he has passed/is appearing for the qualifying examination / Class XII).
- The Institute reserves the right to lower the intake in a program without showing any reason.
- The right not to offer a particular program in candidates are found ineligible/ admitted is less than sufficient in number is reserved with the institute.
- The right to fill the seats from the other group is also reserved with the institute, if sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available.
- Final reservation proportion will depend on notification, if any, issued by competent authority and as accepted by the Institute.
BIT Mesra BBA/BCA Admissions 2017 Application Form
How to apply
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link and create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. The username and password should not be shared with anyone.
- The candidates who are eligible need to complete and submit the application online only (which can be found on the link www.bitmesra.ac.in) for BBA and BCA program.
- Application fee of INR 1,500 (General candidates) or INR 1,000 (SC/ST candidates) needs to be paid through State Bank Collect - net banking or debit/credit card of any nationalized bank in favor of “Birla Institute of Technology” within the given time period. (Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances).
- The candidates may use the Online Application Form to apply for the BBA or BCA program of the Institute at maximum of three campuses, in order of preference by selecting the Campus (Centre of Place for Study) from the prompt. (These preferences will not be changed later).
- Use separate application form, in case applying for both BBA and BCA program and pay application fee additionally.
- Candidates need to bring original copies of Class 10 pass certificate, 12th class Marksheets, and Caste or Special Category certificates.
- The Xeroxed copies should be in proper format signed by appropriate authority (please see relevant section) while reporting for verification of documents as well as admission.
- Candidates should move a step ahead to fill the Online Application Form only after they make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
- Candidate must have adequate proficiency in written & spoken English to cope with the program as all instructions and examinations will only be in English.
Note: The final selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in Class XII / Intermediate / equivalent qualifying examination.
BIT Mesra BBA/BCA Admissions 2017 Contact Details
- For any doubt or query about admission related procedures or status of application, please contact the Admission Office, BIT Mesra.
BIT Mesra Campus
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
Ranchi, Jharkhand 835215
PABX: +91 651 2275444/2275896
Fax: 0651 2275401
- For queries about any Campus, please contact Director of the respective Campus.