National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), Calicut invites the application for M.Tech Course for the academic year 2015-16.
Important Dates for NIELIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2015:
|Issue of application form||7th May 2015|
|Last Date for Issue of Application forms||30th June 2015|
|Counseling / Admission for GATE Students||14th July 2015|
|Counseling / Admission for Non-GATE Students||16th July 2015|
|Reporting/Commencement of Classes||3rd August 2015|
M.Tech programme in
- Embedded Systems (ES)
- Electronics Design Technology (EDT)
Eligibility Criteria for NIELIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2015:
- The candidate shall be an Indian National
- The candidate should have passed B.Tech course or its equivalent from an institution approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Candidates should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the engineering degree examination for general candidates
- 54% marks for SEBC/PWD candidates and passing marks for SC/ST candidates
- Admission shall normally be restricted to those candidates who have a valid GATE Score. However Non Gate candidates can also apply. They will be considered against the vacancies due to lack of candidates with valid GATE Score.
- These unfilled GATE seats will be filled with NON GATE candidates from Kerala State. They have to produce nativity certificate. If seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission.
- GATE score is not needed for Sponsored candidates.
Candidates who have passed AMIE/AMIETE Examination in Electronics and satisfying the following conditions are also eligible for admission.
- They must have a valid GATE Score.
- They must secure a minimum 55% marks in section B in AMIE/AMIETE examination
- They should have minimum 3 years of profession experience in the field of specialization after acquiring the qualifying degree.
- GATE qualified candidates who have appeared for the final examination may also apply provided the results are made available on or before 14th July, 2015. Such candidates may be considered for provisional admission.
- If any candidate does not produce the final complete mark list and provisional/degree certificate on or before 31st August, 2015 then he/she will have to discontinue the course
Eligibility for NIELIT M.Tech Embedded Systems (ES):
The candidate should have passed B.E. or B.Tech with any of one stream recognized by Calicut University or its equivalent
- Electronics and Communication
- Electrical and Electronics
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation
- Instrumentation and Control
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Engg.
- Information Technology
- Biomedical Engg.
- Electronics and Biomedical Engg.
- Biomedical Instrumentation Engg.
GATE score in Electronics/ Electrical/Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ IT/ Biomedical engineering subjects.
Eligibility for NIELIT M.Tech Electronics Design Technology (EDT):
The candidate should have done B.E./B.Tech with any of one stream recognized by Calicut University or its equivalent
- Electronics and Communication Engg.
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engg.
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engg.
- Instrumentation and Control Engg.
- Electronics and Biomedical Engg. Subjects awarded by the Calicut University or equivalent there to as approved by the University of Calicut.
GATE score in Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Biomedical engineering subjects.
How to Apply for NIELIT Calicut MTech Admission 2015:
- Candidates should apply on-line for M.Tech Programme through institute website www.regn.calicut.nielit.in
- Fill the all required fields and take a print out of the application
- Now send it to the Tech coordinator, NIELIT Calicut along with the appropriate application fees.
- Candidate can obtain the application form NIELIT Calicut or download from NIELIT Calicut Website www.calicut.nielit.gov.in
- A passport size photograph (taken not earlier than 3 months) is to be affixed on the Application Form.
- The photo in the application should be self-attested.
- Four more copies of the same photograph and one stamp size photograph should be produced at the time of counselling/admission.
The following copies of documents should be enclosed along with the application
- Mark sheet and certificate of the Qualifying Examination
- Course Completion Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied
- Mark sheets up to the pre-final semester/ pre-final year for those who have appeared in the qualifying examination and are awaiting results.
- Professional experience for AMIE/AMIETE (if applicable)
- GATE Score Card (if applicable)
- Caste certificate for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates from a competent authority not below the rank of a Tahsildar
- Community and Income certificate issued by the Village Officer in the case of candidates who claim eligibility under SEBC
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate and Experience Certificate for Sponsored Candidates (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate in the case of Non GATE candidates from Kerala State issued by the Village Officer
- Physical disability certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of payment of application form fee of Rs 1000/- for general and Rs 500/- for SC/ST candidates
A single application form with the above amount is to be sufficient for both M.Tech programmes and Preferences should be clearly mentioned in the application form.
The application with all the above enclosures should be sent by Registered Post/Speed Post on or before 5.30 pm of 7th July, 2015 so as to reach the 'M.Tech Coordinator, NIELIT, PB No. 5, NIT Campus P.O, Calicut—673 601 Kerala'.
PB No. 5, NITC Campus P.O
Calicut —673 601, Kerala
Contact Details:Ph: +91-495-2287266
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgLast Updated - 21 May 2015