Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Bangalore has invited applications for the admission into Integrated M.Tech- Ph.D. Admissions jointly with University of Calcutta for the 2016 Session. IIA conducts the following two graduate programmes leading to Ph.D. degrees: (i) Ph.D., jointly with Pondicherry Central University, and (ii) Integrated M.Tech. - Ph.D., jointly with University of Calcutta. Applications are invited from highly motivated students who expect to complete their M.Sc., Integrated M.Sc. or B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech. degrees by August 2016 with a consistently good academic record.
IIA Screening Test (IIAST) for admission to Academic Programmes is no bbcv varmally held every year in the month of December at centres distributed over different parts of India. This year the test will be held on Saturday, 12th December 2015. The online application will open on 23rd October 2015. Candidates short listed based on their performance in the IIAST will be called for personal interview in IIA, Bangalore. Personal interviews for the Ph.D. programme will be held in the first week of January 2016, and that for the M.Tech-Ph.D. programme (conducted jointly with University of Calcutta ) will be held during end - May 2016.
IIA Bangalore Ph.D. M.Tech Admission 2016 Important Dates:
Start of online application
October 23, 2015
Last date to apply online
November 20, 2015
Date of IIAST Exam
December 12, 2015
December 18, 2015
Interview date for M.tech Ph.D.
IIA Bangalore Ph.D. M.Tech Admission 2016 Courses Offered
IIA Offers two graduate programmes namely:
- Ph.D. Programme- In Jointly with Pondicherry Central University, Puducherry
- Integrated M.tech- Ph.D. Programme in Jointly with University of Calcutta
- Students who expect to complete their M.Sc., Integrated M.Sc or B.E./B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech degrees by August 2016 with a consistently good academic record
- Unless a candidate have scored more than 96 percentile in JEST (Physics)/ GATE 2015 (Physics) or have a UGC-CSIT-NET Junior Research Fellowship, Candidates have to appear for the IIA screening test at an exam center of their choice
IIA Bangalore Ph.D. M.Tech Admission 2016 Application Process
The application process comprises of two steps
- Register- First, register by entering our name and a valid email address in the registration box. After registering you will receive an email at your registered email id along with some instructions
- Login- after that one can login and fill out the application form
- Before filling in the form keep the scanned copy of your photo, date of birth proof, X, XII, Degree, Master Degree
- Candidates will be asked to bring the original documents for verification during the interview. If any false data provided on the form will disqualify the applicant`