National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar has announced admission notification for Ph.D. Programme for academic session 2016.
NICER is also providing integrated M.Sc. – Ph.D. courses.
Programme runs under the mentioned below Departments:
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
Important Dates for NISER Ph.D. Admission 2016:
Online Application activation date
October 15, 2015 (Thursday)
Last date for Online application filling up
November 06, 2015 (Friday)
Last date for receiving a hard copy of the application forms
November 13, 2015 (Friday)
NISRE website will show the shortlisted candidates on
November 24, 2015 (Tuesday)
Interview/Test will be held between
December 14-16, 2015 (Monday - Wednesday)
NISER Admission Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. Programme:
Candidate should have qualified in - CSIR-UGC GATE /NBHM/NET /INSPIRE/JGEEBILS/JEST or any other equivalent national level examination valid for the current year in the relevant area of research. UGC-CSIR or any other JRF qualified candidates have to avail the fellowship directly from that organization whereas, students selected for Ph.D. program based on GPAT/JEST/GATE or any other scores, are eligible for fellowship from NISER, Bhubaneswar, if selected.
- Biological Sciences: Candidate should have done Master’s in any branches of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioinformatics, Life Sciences or allied fields and Biology.
- Student with masters in any branches of Computer Science or Natural with interest in pursuing career in Biology.
- Chemical Sciences: Candidate should have done Masters in Chemistry or allied fields.
- Physical Sciences: Candidate should have done Masters in Physics or allied fields.
- Mathematical Sciences: Candidate should have done Masters in Mathematics or Computer Science or Statistics. Applications for the Ph.D. program in the School of Mathematical Sciences will be considered only in three areas – Probability, Statistics & Cryptography.
Note: Applicant should not more than 28 Years as on November 06, 2015 (Born on/after 7th November, 1987)
NISER gives the scholarship Rs.25000/- for the first 2 years, which will subsequently be enhanced to Rs.28000/- for the remaining years, for those candidates fulfills all the requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated from time to time.
NISER Selection Procedure for Ph.D. Programme:
- Selection is based on Interview
- Academic Qualification
- Written Test
How to Apply for Ph.D. Programme 2016:
- Candidate can apply online mode through the official website Apply Online Here
- Click on Apply Online link or Click here
- Fill all the steps mentioned on that page
- After submitting the form, a hard copy of the form bearing the auto generated application number along with self-attested copies of all supporting documents (certificates, age proof, mark sheets & caste certificate, etc.)
Faculty-In Charge (Academic Affairs)
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)
PO-Bhimpur-Padanpur, Via-Jatni, Dist -Khurda-752050, Bhubaneswar
- If Candidates interested to apply for more than one school should fill up online application forms for each school and send the forms with appropriate enclosures in separate envelopes. The top of the envelope should be marked with the auto generated “Application No_________ and School of __________Sciences in which they are applying.
- Enclose two sealed letters of reference with the signature of the referee on the envelope. The copy of the reference letter is also given at the NISER website
- It is mandatory for the candidates to post a hard copy of the application bearing, auto generated application number along with the relevant enclosures. The institute will not consider applications which are filled online, but for which no hard copy is received by the closing date
Note: There is no any entrance fee for Ph.D.
Phone no: 0674-2494013
Fax: 0674-2494004Last Updated - 21 Oct 2015