Andhra University has a NAAC Accreditation of A grade. It started its school of distance education in the year 1972, after Mysore University. The distance education school is affiliated to the Distance Education Council or DEC in New Delhi and the degrees are approved by the UGC.
The university has 34 study centers spread all over the state. Students can contact these centers for classes, study materials, sale of admission forms and other queries that they would like answered. There is also a community radio for the students of Distance Education, Gyan Vani, 106.4 FM and students can listen to the radio for announcements and information.
Apart from regular undergraduate and post graduate courses, the university offers degrees in management also. Master in Business Administration course is offered by the Vishakhapatnam Campus of this University. The university offers two kinds of MBA programs- An Executive MBA and a General MBA.
Who can enroll for the program?
The eligibility criterion for enrolling in the program is quite stringent. Andhra University Correspondence MBA Criterion laid down by the authorities is:
- A bachelor’s degree in any subject with a minimum of 50% (except BA OL and BFA) and 45% for SC/ST/OBC.
- Has to qualify in the entrance examination conducted by the Andhra University for MBA program.
- Should have had maths at the SSC or Intermediate level.
Added to the above, to pursue a course in executive MBA, an applicant should have 2 years work experience after graduating.
Unlike other universities, the course lasts for 3 years. The specialization papers offered in the program are:
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing Management
- Hospitality Management
These special papers are applicable for both the general MBA course and the executive MBA one( except hospitality management).
How to enroll for the program?
- The admission form is available online.
- An applicant needs to take print outs of it like application form, ICET rank and score card, proof of date of birth etc. and send it over to the university along with attested photocopies of mark sheets and relevant documents, photographs etc.
- The whole process has been laid out on the website in detail.
- The Andhra University Correspondence MBA Admission Procedure for 2014 is set to begin in June 2014.
- The form for ICET is made available around August-September of a year for an examination that will be conducted in December of the same year.
Fees to be paid for the program:
The Andhra University Correspondence MBA fee structure is given below:
- To appear for the entrance examination, a student has to pay Rs 350/-.
- The fee for the first year of study is Rs 15,000/-
- For the second year of the course, Rs 10,000/- has to be paid.
- For the final year, Rs 5000/- has to be paid.
- The division for the fee for the executive course has been given below:
For the first year, an interested student has to pay Rs 20,000 and for the second year it is Rs 10,000/-
The fees need to be paid using a DD in favor of the Registrar, Andhra University.Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015