Dravidian University Kuppam is welcoming candidates to take admission into M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs through Dravidian University Research Common Entrance Test (DURCET) 2015-16. The admission schedule, eligibility, admission procedure and exam pattern has been explained in a simplified form for you.
The admission schedule is as follows:
Last Date To Apply
November 30, 2015 (Before 5:00 PM)
Admit Card Dispatch
December 5, 2015
Entrance Exam Test Date
December 12, 2015 (at 2:00 PM)
December 15, 2015
Date Of Admissions
December 19, 2015
Test venue: Dravidian University Campus, Kuppam, Andhra Pradesh.
DURCET 2015-16 M.Phil. /Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria:
The applying candidates should have completed his/her PG degree with at least 55% marks in their related discipline. Although a relaxation of 5% shall be given to aspirants from SC/ST/PC category.
Candidates who qualify Research Common Entrance Test(DURCET) conducted by Dravidian University.
Candidates who have qualified GATE/UGC NET/ SLET/ UGC-RGNF/CSIR INSPIRE holders / any SET of southern states Examination are exempted from DURCET-2015.
M.Phil. /Ph.D. programs are offered in following disciplines:
Comparative Dravidian Literature
- Linguistics - PG in Linguistics/Languages/Humanities/ Social Sciences/ Computer Science
- Folklore-PG in Folklore/ Language/Sociology/Anthropology/Fine Arts/Performing Arts/Literature and History
- Biotechnology- PG in Life Sciences/M.Pharmacy and M.Tech in Biotechnology, Bioinformatics etc.
DURCET 2015-16 Application Process:
Interested candidates can obtain the application forms directly from Office of the Dean, Academic Affairs, Dravidian University, Kuppam-517 426 by making a payment byDD for Rs.500/- (Rs.400/- for SC/ST/PHC) in person and DD for Rs.550/- (Rs.450/- for SC/ST/PHC) by post in favor of “The Registrar, Dravidian University” payable at Kuppam. Application may also be downloaded from the website or the application form and prospectus can be downloaded from the official website of the university.
The steps to download and fill the application forms are:
- Open the official website of the university (Click here)
- At the bottom of the page, click on DURCET 2015, an options menu shall appear.
- Click on the options provided in order to download the application form, prospectus and admission guidelines.
- You will need to take a print out of the application form, fill in all the information the particular fields.
You will need the following in order to fill the application form:
- Duly attested black and white passport size photographs of the candidate must be affixed to the application form and the Hall-Ticket form
- Duly attested copies of relevant certificates should accompany each application for the Entrance Test
- Only complete application forms shall be accepted otherwise will be summarily rejected
Duly completed application forms along with all the required documentation shall reach the following address on or before November 30, 2015 before 5:00 PM without fail:
Kuppam – 517426.
The payment for the application form to be processed shall me made with a DD under following guidelines:
- DD Amount: Rs. 500 (Rs. 400 for SC/ST/PC)
- In favor of “The Registrar, Dravidian University”
- Made payable at “Kuppam”
DURCET 2015-16 M.Phil. /Ph.D. Admission Procedure:
- Admission into M.Phil. /Ph.D. program will be based on merit from among the qualified candidates in the entrance test following the rule of reservation
- Mere qualifying in the DURCET does not guarantee admission into M.Phil. /Ph.D. Program
- In case, there is tie in the marks obtained in the DURCET 2015-16, the seat will be offered to the elder person
DURCET 2015-16 Exam Pattern:
The entrance test will be of 2 hours duration with 120 multiple choice questions in total. The entrance exam pattern is explained below:
There will be two sections in the entrance test:
Section-A: this section is called General Aptitude and will consist of 30 Questions and each question will carry one mark. The syllabus for this section is:
Reasoning (including mathematical)
Number series; Letter series; Codes; Relationships; Classification. (5 Questions
Understanding the structure of arguments; Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning; Verbal analogies: Word analogy – Applied analogy; Verbal classification; Reasoning Logical Diagrams: Simple diagrammatic relationship, multi-diagrammatic relationship; Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning. (10 Questions)
Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data; Quantitative and qualitative data; Graphical representation and mapping of data. (5 Questions)
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
ICT meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses; General abbreviations and terminology; Basics of internet and e-mail. (5 Questions)
Meaning, characteristics and types; Steps of Research; Methods of Research; Research Ethics. (5 Questions)
Section B: This section contains 90 questions and will be based on the subjects/disciplines that the candidates had studied at PG level.
Note: the medium of entrance examination will be English unless the exam is being written for Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Tulu subjects.Last Updated - 25 Nov 2015