Osmania University is one of the most prestigious universities of Hyderabad. It was conferred the status of a university with “Potential for Excellence” and grade A by NAAC. The university has a distance education wing that is affiliated to the Distance Education Council of New Delhi. It goes by the name “Prof. G. Ram Reddy Center for Distance Education”.
The Distance Education wing of the college offers a distance MBA program for students, whose details has been given below:
- The course is a 3 year one and a student is allowed a maximum of 6 years to complete it.
- Specialization papers are offered in the course. A student can specialize in the following papers:
Human Resources Management
- To graduate in the course with a Class I and distinction, a student has to score more than 70% in the examinations.
- A student is offered tutorials and contact classes to get his/her doubts clarified.
- To clear a course, a student has to do well in both the internal and external examination. The weights have been given as follows- for external examination it is 70% while for internal examination, it is 30%.
- The course is no lesser than regular degree courses. Subjects such as business laws, managerial economics etc. are taught in the course.
Eligibility for the Course:
The Osmania University Distance MBA criterion has been prepared in a way to give every student interested in an MBA a shot to complete it.
- Students need to clear the Integrated Common Entrance Test conducted by the Government of Andhra Pradesh every year.
- Having maths at the 10+2 or intermediate level is mandatory.
- Students with a background in open schooling are also allowed to enroll for the course.
- Graduation degree in any subject. Having maths as a minor course is not mandatory as long as the student has had mathematics in the Intermediate or 10+2 level.
- The course does not have a benchmark on the marks obtained in graduation which is why anyone can apply for the course.
How to enroll for the Program:
To enroll oneself for the program, a student has to:
- Buy the admission form that is available in the PGRRCDE in Osmania University for Rs 100/-.
- Applicants from out of Hyderabad can ask the university to send the form over. However, they need to make a payment of Rs 150/- using DD payable at Hyderabad and drawn in favor of the Registrar of Osmania University.
- A student can also download the admission form that will be made available on the website. However, while turning the form in, a student needs to send in a DD of Rs 100/- with the same particulars as mentioned above.
- Forms can be bought from the study centers spread across Hyderabad and Andhra Pradesh.
- The Osmania University Distance MBA admission procedure for 2014 has begun and the last date for form submission has been extended to 31st January 2014. For more information, you can check up the website.
Fee for the Program:
The Osmania University Distance MBA fee is Rs 12,000/- for each year. Hence, for the 3 year long course, a student will have to pay Rs 36,000/-Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015