The Bihar Agricultural University (BAU), Sabour is one of the premier universities in the country for agricultural and veterinary sciences programmes. Admission to the PG and Ph.D. level is done on the basis of the performance in the entrance examination held in the month of June. The programmes are divided based on the faculty that offers it, namely, Agricultural Sciences & Veterinary Sciences.
Results for the agricultural programmes are usually declared one month after the examination, with the veterinary sciences being declared about ten days thereafter.
The entrance examination consists of an extensive test of relevant subject matter, based on the syllabus covered in the previous degrees acquired by the candidates, namely the undergraduate level for M.Sc. courses, and Master’s level for Ph.D. courses. Students are selected on the basis of 80% weightage in the Ph.D. programme , with 10% for academic performance at the Master’s level, and 10% at the undergraduate level.
BAU Sabour PG and Ph.D. Entrance Result
An official notification will be released in the month of July stating the dates on which results will be published. Candidates can then check their results through the following means.
- Go to the official website of BAU, Sabour.
- On the right side of the page, there will be a section featuring various news bulletins and advertisements.
- Click on the notification for results.
- You will be directed to a new tab with the results displayed according to the courses.
If the above procedure does not work, candidates may also check their results in the following manner.
- Go to the official university website of Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour.
- Click on the ‘BAU News’ tab on the list displayed in the column of the left side of the page.
- Go to the bar that states ‘Result for Admission to M.Sc. / Ph.D. Programme 2017-18’ in BAU, Sabour’.
- Click on the ‘Download’ button to receive the PDF version of the final merit list.
- All selected candidates are listed in the merit list along with their roll number and category.
BAU does not issue individual call letter for selected candidates. It is therefore imperative to check the website once the announcement has been made. There is no option for revaluation or return of answer booklets for the candidate to verify the result.
Those selected are required to attend the counselling session at the stipulated venue (Auditorium of Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour), on the assigned date with their original documents as well as photocopies for verification. Following this verification, admission may be finalized.Last Updated - 23 Feb 2017