Admission Process for enrollment into Ph.D. in Women’s and Gender Studies 2016 in Ambedkar University has been started from November 25, 2015 and you can apply till December 28, 2015.This M.Phil./ Ph.D. Program is jointly offered by Ambedkar University Delhi and Centre for Women’s Development Studies (Delhi) as a result of collaboration between them and the seats available for the candidates is 10.
Before Applying for the admission, Check the important dates, eligibility and Important guidelines for Application Process mentioned below :-
Schedule for Ambedkar University Ph.D. 2016 Entrance Test
Submission of Application forms starts
November 25, 2015
Last Date for submission of Application forms
December 28, 2015(4:30 pm)
Displaying of Name list for Entrance Exam
January 2, 2016
Entrance Exam Date
January 6, 2016
Display of Name list for Interviews
January 7, 2016
Date of Interviews
January 8, 2016
Declaration of first Admission List
January 9, 2016
Admissions under 1st Admission List
January 11-15, 2016
Declaration of 2nd List
January 15 2016(Evening)
Admissions under 2nd List
January 18-22, 2016
Last Date of Admission
January 22, 2016
Eligibility Ambedkar University 2016 Ph.D. in Women’s Studies and Gender Studies 2016
For applying for the aforesaid Programme you should hold the following Eligibility Criteria:-
- Aspirants who have completed MPhil in Women’s and Gender Studies or in a related Social Sciences or Humanities discipline can apply
- Those who holds Masters’ degree with at least 55% in aggregate along with at least two years of work experience or publications in a related field.
Note that if you are holding a M.Phil. degree in discipline unrelated to Women’s Studies and Gender Studies can be asked to complete courses prescribed for MPhil students of up to 18 credits as proposed by the Research Studies Committee and also Ph.D students who already have a M.Phil. Degree in areas related to Women’s studies and Gender Studies may be asked to undertake some M.Phil. Courses.
The RSC will decide that the research on the proposed topic requires a particular kind of preparation that the scholar has not yet obtained during her/his education and training.
Ambedkar University 2016 Ph.D. in Women’s and Gender Studies 2016 Application Process
You have to apply online on the official website according to the instructions given below:-
- Visit the official website and click on Admissions 2016,there you will find a PhD Online Application option click on it.Choose the Programme code you want to Apply For.
- Enter your valid email ID (an authentication code will be sent to this address) Now enter the asked Captcha.Click on ‘Submit’ and then click ‘Register’ .
- You will receive a mail from “firstname.lastname@example.org” containing your Password.
Step 2:-Fill in Application form-Next step is to fill in the application form ,For this enter the asked information i.e. programme code ,email id and password and sign in .Enter the asked details in the application and submit .
Step 3:-Fee Payment-The last step is remittance of exam fee:-
You can pay viz
- Creditcard/Net Banking
- By cash-(From December 15, 2015-December 28, 2015)
- Through DemandDraft- DD must be sent in favour of “Ambedkar University Delhi” payable at New Delhi
Note that apart from your submission of application form online, you have to sent a hard copy of your Research Proposal (2000-3000) words to the University’s address mentioned below:-
PhD in Women's and Gender Studies, 2016
Research Studies Committee,
School of Human Studies, Ambedkar University, Delhi,
Kashmere Gate Campus, Lothian Road, Delhi 110006
Also do not forget to attach photocopies of ceritificates ensuring eligibility criteria including NCT-non NCT Status till last date of submission i.e. December 28 2015
|Top Ph. D Colleges in Delhi Based on Ranking||Best Ph.D Colleges in India|
Selection Process :-
Candidates will be selected on the basis of following parameters:-
- Research Proposal sent by the candidate
- Marks scored in the entrance exam
- Performance in the interview
The Ambedkar University Delhi also provides fellowships and stipends to the candidates who are eligible for ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships through the CWDS, for which there is a separate application process including interview which will be undertaken after formal registration in the Ph.D. programme. Apart from scholarships you can check the Ambedkar University Delhi Fee Structure
For any further queries contact the undersigned:-
Name of Faculty
Dr Rachna Chaudhary
Dr Shubhra Nagalia
Professor Mary John