DTU has released notification for admission to BBA and BA Economics program. The window to fill online application form closes on July 24, 2017. The eligibility criteria for admission is based on two parameters primarily i.e., region and academic scores. University also follows a reservation criterion specified by the Govt. of India.
- Application form can be accessed from the official website of Delhi Technological University.
- Application fee can be paid through credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Minimum of 50% aggregate marks is required in class 12th exam to apply for admission.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit of marks obtained in 12th board examinations.
Delhi Technological University BBA & BA Economics Admissions Important Dates
The schedule for DTU BBA and BA Economics admission for the academic session 2017-2020 is tabulated below:
|BBA||BA (Hons.) Economics|
|Start date of Online registration||July 1, 2017|
|Closing date of Online registration||July 24, 2017|
|Notification of First Cut – off||July 31, 2017|
|Document verification and fee deposit after first cut-off||August 8-9, 2017||August 2-3, 2017|
|Notification of Second Cut-off||August 10, 2017|
|Document verification and fee deposit after second cut-off||August 11, 2017||August 16, 2017|
|Notification of Third Cutoff||August 17, 2017|
|Document verification and fee deposit after third cut-off||August 18, 2017|
Delhi Technological University BBA & BA Economics Eligibility Criteria
DTU has set up some eligibility norms for selection of candidates into BBA and BA economics courses. The eligibility criteria can be broadly classified in two categories - eligibility on basis of region and eligibility on basis of academics.
Eligibility on Basis of Region
Eligibility on basis of region is classified as follows:
- Delhi Region: A candidate passing the qualifying examination from a recognized School / College / Institute located within the National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi will be considered for Delhi Region only.
- Outside Delhi: A candidate passing the qualifying examination from a recognized School / College / Institute located outside the National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi will be considered for Outside Delhi Region only.
Eligibility on Basis of Academics
The eligibility on basis of academics will be based on the academic performance. The criterion is as follows:
- BBA program: 50% marks in 12th board examination and must also have passed English (Core/Elective/Functional) as a subject which will be counted among the best four subjects.
- BA (Hons.) Economics: 50% marks in 12th board examination and must also have passed Mathematics (Core/Elective/Functional) as a subject which will be counted among the best four subjects.
Read More DTU Admission
Delhi Technological University BBA & BA Economics Application Process
Application process is available on the official website of DTU i.e. dtuadmissions.nic.in/CMS/public/home.aspx. Candidates can apply till July 24, 2017. Application process is completely online and no other modes of form submission will be entertained. Steps of the application procedure are as follows:
- Visit the official website
- Click on ‘New Registration and Login for BBA, BA(H) Economics (East Campus) 2017’
- A new window depicting the link for new user to register and for old user to login
- If you are a new user click on ‘Apply’ and if you are old user click on Sign in.
If you are a new user, then the application procedure consists of three steps:
- Step 1: Fill application form-Fill the application form with all the relevant and useful information such as personal information, educational information, contact details etc.
- Step 2: Upload Images-In this step, you need to upload scanned copies of documents along with signature, photograph and thumb impression.
- Step 3: Fee Payment-Application fee must be paid through online mode of INR 1000 for General/OBC candidates and INR 500 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
Candidates need to upload scanned copies of documents only in JPG/JPEG format. The documents are as follows:
- Photograph with size between 4 KB to 100 KB.
- Signature with size between 1 KB to 30 KB.
- Thumb impression with size between 1 KB to 30 KB.
- Qualifying exam marksheet/ certificate with size between 50 KB to 300 KB.
Candidates need to pay the application fee through online mode by credit card, debit card or net banking. The application fee is INR 1000 for General/OBC candidates and INR 500 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
Delhi Technological University BBA & BA Economics Selection Process
Selection of candidates for admission will be based on the merit of marks obtained in the best four subjects in 12th board exams. The best four subjects will not include any vocational subjects.
- For BBA program, English will be counted in the best four subjects.
- For BA (Hons.) Economics, Mathematics will be counted as one of the subjects in best four.
Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their merit in class 12th exam are required to report for completion of admission formalities, etc. after preparation of cutoff list.
Note: Candidates who have appeared at the annual examination in the year 2017 and have not qualified will not be eligible for the academic year 2017-18.
Documents Required at the Reporting
Candidates are required to carry certain documents in original as well as attested photocopies for verification at the time of interview.
- Online created Registration Form duly signed by guardian/parent and candidate
- Marks sheet of the qualifying examination i.e. Class XII or equivalent
- Date of Birth Certificate as indicated in High School or equivalent examination i.e. Class X.
- Reserved category / sub-category Certificates (if applicable)
- Two passport size photographs
- Medical fitness certificate original
Delhi Technological University Reservation Criteria
DTU follows the reservation policy laid down by the Government of India. From the total seat intake, 85% seats are reserved for Delhi region candidates and rest 15% for Outside Delhi candidates. Seats are reserved for:
- Schedule Caste (SC): 15% of the total seats are reserved for Schedule caste candidates
- Schedule Tribe (ST): 7.5% of the total seats are reserved for Schedule tribes candidates
- Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL): 27% of the total seats are reserved for other backward class (non-creamy layer) candidates.
Sub-categories namely ‘Defence’ and ‘Person with Disability’ are available under each category i.e. General, SC, ST and OBC-NCL. The seats of sub-categories are as follows:
- Defence: 5% of the total seats in each category are reserved for candidates belonging to defence.
- Person with disability: 5% of the total seats in each category is reserved for person with disability. One seat is reserved for J&K migrants in this sub-category.
Delhi Technological University BBA & BA Economics Contact Details
Delhi Technological University (DTU), formerly known as Delhi College of Engineering (DCE), is a premier government university located in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1941 as Delhi Polytechnic and was under the control of the Government of India. It offers courses such as Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), Master of Technology (M.Tech), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Master of Business Administration (M.B.A) and comprises fourteen academic departments.
For any query or information. kindly contact at:
- For queries related to B.B.A program
- For queries related to B.A(Hons.) Economics programme
Last Updated - 13 Jul 2017