If you are employed at an organization and wish to pursue an MBA degree to further your career prospects, look no further than the distance education system. With the technological advances in communication systems over the past few decades, both online and distance learning programs have become increasingly popular in India. IGNOU or Indira Gandhi National Open University is the largest Open University in the world. A distance MBA from IGNOU is highly recognized all across the country.
1. Accreditation & Recognition:
The university is recognized as a Central University by the University Grants Commission of India and is a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and also approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). This helps in proper education distribution and standard academic guidance. An accredited educational institute will always give you a better future.
- It is accredited by DEC.This is one more feather in the cap for the institute. The adherence to standards will once again be seen in the Distance MBA from IGNOU Admission Procedure for 2014
2. Eligibility Criteria:
Students willing to take admission in the year 2014 will have to go by the following Distance MBA from IGNOU Criterion.
- The candidate has to have a graduation degree in any discipline with an aggregate mark of 50% (45% for the reserved category).
- The admission procedure is done through an entrance exam, OPENMAT, conducted by IGNOU twice a year.
- Candidates who have appeared in Qualification in Management aptitude tests like CAT, MAT and other state level entrance tests, need not to attend IGNOU OPENMAT examination.
- The details of availability of application forms would be available on IGNOU's website from the last month of 2013 and the exams and admission procedure would commence from early 2014.
The university has the world's largest infrastructure and teaching facilities.
- Various rules are used by IGNOU for delivery of study materials for its distance learning programs. These include print materials, audio-visual materials, counselling session, interactive radio counseling etc. Thus, this kind of wide spectrum helps you get a better understanding of the curriculum
- Integrated library management software package. This helps you have all the required study materials for acing your examinations
- Largest and best collection of books. This is the biggest advantage for students who are interested in research work and further academic pursuits
4. Fee Structure:
The distance MBA from IGNOU fee is a matter of great importance for students. The good news is that the distance MBA course is actually pretty affordable as compared to other top of the line distance MBA institutes. Course fees are only Rs. 1,000 per course. There are a total of 21 courses in all, thereby making it a sum total of Rs. 21,000 for the entire IGNOU distance MBA program.
After finishing the courses, good placements are also available for candidates. The course is designed to help students build their career at leading companies and organizations in the country. A distance MBA degree from IGNOU sure counts when it comes to building a rock solid professional career.
Last Updated - 29 Jan 2015