Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) is a public central university. The university conducts JNU Entrance Exam (JNUEE) and JNU-CEEB for admission to its 34 postgraduate courses as well as PhD programme.
JNUEE is usually conducted offline in the month of May every year at multiple exam centres across 51 cities of India and a city abroad i.e., Kathmandu. JNU-CEEB is conducted by the university for admission to Post-graduate Biotechnology programmes. JNU entrance results for both the examinations along with the merit list for all courses is generally declared in the month of June/ July.
JNU follows semester system for all its courses which is divided in the following two phases - Odd Semester (1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th semester) and Even Semester (2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th semester). Odd and Even semester exams are usually conducted in the month of December and May every year, respectively. Results for the same are uploaded on the official JNU website within a month from the examinations.
Latest Updates on JNU Results
The university conducts JNU Entrance Exam for admission to UG, PG as well as Research programmes (except Biotechnology courses) on the basis of merit obtained. Candidates who wish to apply can submit the application form through online or offline mode and the fee can be paid through debit/credit card or e-Challan from any branch of SBI.
JNUEE is conducted in the month of May every year for admission to following courses:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A. Hons) – 1st year
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A. Hons) – 2nd year
- Master of Arts (M.A)
- Master of Science (M.Sc)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- M.Phil/ Ph.D
JNUEE Admit Card
JNU Entrance Exam Admit Card are published on the university website usually two weeks prior to the commencement of exam viz. in the first week of May. Candidates appearing for JNUEE can download their respective admit cards upon entering their registration number along with the Date of Birth.
JNUEE Entrance Exam Results
JNUEE Results are usually declared in the month of January/ July i.e., within a month of examination. Candidates can check JNU Entrance Exam Result through the below given steps:
Steps to check JNU Entrance Exam 2016 Results
- Click on the official link of JNU Entrance Exam (JNUEE) Results
- Candidates can search their results through any of the following options – ‘Search by Application Number’ or ‘Search by Registration Number’
- Select ‘Programme of Study’ through the drop down menu
- Select ‘Field of Study’ through the drop down menu
- Enter your Application/Registration Number
- Click on ‘Search’ button
- JNU Entrance Exam 2016-17 Result will be displayed on the screen
Note: Candidates can also view the list of shortlisted candidates by selecting the “Programme of Study” and the “Field of Study” from the drop-down menu given on the JNU Results Portal
JNU-CEEB (Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology) is a national level entrance exam conducted by JNU for admission to M.Sc (Agri.) Biotechnology & MVSc, M.Sc Biotechnology and M.Tech Biotechnology programme in multiple universities across India.
JNU CEEB Results
Result for JNU-CEEB is uploaded on the official university website along with the checklist of candidates (university wise). Candidates can check their scorecard from the JNU CEEB Results link on the official university website upon entering their Application Number/ Roll Number. Shortlisted candidates can also download their offer letter from the portal.
JNU Semester Results
Jawaharlal Nehru University semester examinations are conducted in the following two phases:
Odd Semester Examination: For 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th semester
Odd Semester examinations are usually conducted for all courses in the month of December/ January every year. The results for the same are uploaded on the JNU website within a month from the examinations.
Even Semester Examination: For 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th semester
Even Semester examinations are usually conducted for all courses in the month of May/ June every year. The results for the same are uploaded on the official university website within a month from the examinations.
Steps to Check the JNU Semester Examinations Result
Candidates can check their results from the official website by following the given steps:
- To begin with, students should log on to the official university website i.e., “http://www.jnu.ac.in”
- Once the website home page is loaded, candidates should click on Result Link in Header/Footer. Subsequently, click the “Result Link” of the respective programme
- In the next step, candidate should download the corresponding PDF file and search for his/her roll number to see the result