Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DAIICT) Gandhinagar has invited applications from the eligible candidates for admission to the Doctoral Program for the winter semester 2015-16.
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria, application process and important dates for DAIICT Ph.D. admission here.
DAIICT Ph.D. Admission 2015-16 Important Dates:
Filling of Online DAIICT Application Forms Start From
November 04, 2015
Last Date for Filling of DAIICT Online Application Forms
November 24, 2015
Date of DAIICT Entrance Examination
December 04, 2015
Date of Interview of Shortlisted Candidates for DAIICT Ph.D. Admission
December 04 – 05, 2015
Registration and Document Verification of Selected Candidates at DA-IICT
January 04, 2016
DAIICT Gandhinagar Ph.D. Programme Overview:
DA-IICT offers the research in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and selected areas of Humanities and Social Sciences. DA-IICT can broadly be classified into the following research disciplines:
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Computational Science
- Electronics & Communications
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- ICT for Development
- Mathematics & Physical Sciences
Eligibility Criteria for DAIICT Gandhinagar Ph.D. Programme:
1. Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. in ICT
For taking admission into Ph.D. in Information and Communication Technology, Candidate must have passed following degree with at least 60% marks either in
- M.E./ M.Tech in ICT related areas such as CS/ IT/ EC/ EE/ Communication Technology/ Telecommunications/ Instrumentation/ Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering and allied disciplines
- B.E./ B.Tech in ICT related areas such as CS/ IT/ EC/ EE/ Communication Technology/ Telecommunications/ Instrumentation/ Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering and allied disciplines
- M.C.A. / M.Sc. in IT/ CS/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Electronics. M.S./M.Sc. degree from DA-IICT
2. Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. in Computational Science
Candidate should have obtained minimum55% marks in the following degree for taking admission to Ph.D. in Computational Science.
- Master Degree (M.Tech./ M.Sc./ M.Phil or equivalent degree) in Physics/ Mathematics/ Applied Physics/ Engineering Physics/ Chemistry/ Scientific Computing/ Computational Science
- Bachelor degree (B.Tech/ B.E. or 4 Years Bachelor’s degree) in Engineering Physics/ Scientific Computing/ Computational Science OR
- The Candidates with an MCA or M.Sc. degree (or M.S./ M.Sc. degree of DA-IICT), unless they have a subsequent M.Phil. degree, will be considered equivalent to candidates with a B.Tech/B.E. Degree and will require to fulfill additional course and research requirements
3. Eligibility for Ph.D. in Arts, Humanities, Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Candidate must have passed the following qualification with minimum of 55% marks
- M.Com/ M.Sc./ M.A./ MBA/ M.Phil or an equivalent qualification in the desired discipline
- Candidate with M.Phil Degree will be preferred
- The candidate must furnish a clear academic Statement of Purpose (SOP) conveying his/her intellectual background, research interests, achievements, and competences
4. Eligibility for Sponsored Candidates
Sponsored candidates seeking for admission to Ph.D. in ICT and other related areas must have obtained at least 60% marks in qualifying degree and must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must have the above educational qualification (1, 2, 3) with 3 years of relevant experience
- Candidates sponsored by an Research and Development organization with whom DA-IICT has established a co-operative research program of over five years OR has signed an MOU
- Candidate should forward her/his application through proper channel, that is, a forwarding certificate/ letter by the head of the department/ institute
Note: DA-IICT reserves the right to relax in eligibility to the sponsored candidates on the basis of their research profile and experience. The decision of DA-IICT in this regard shall be final.
Application Process for DAIICT Gandhinagar Ph.D. Admission 2016:
- Candidate can Apply Online for submitting the application on official website
- Pay the application fee Rs. 1200/- through Credit/ Debit/ Net Banking
- Enter your personal and academic details
- Upload your latest photograph (max 50 kb) after submitting the application data
Selection Criteria for DA-IICT Ph.D. 2015-16 Programme:
Admission to Ph.D. programme at DAIICT Gandhinagar will be done through the following two stages
1. Entrance Test
(i). DAIICT’s Ph.D. Entrance Test: Candidate will have to appear in DAIICT Ph.D. Entrance exam on December 04, 2015. The exam will be held at DAIICT Gandhinagar between 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
(ii). GATE-2015/ CSIR-NETScore: Candidates will also be shortlisted for the Personal Interview on the basis of valid GATE 2015/CSIR-NET score.
If candidates are not shortlisted on the basis of GATE/CSI-NET scores will be required to appear for the DA-IICT’s Entrance test. For this candidates will be informed through the call letter.
(iii). CPI in M.Tech (ICT) for DA-IICT Graduates: Candidate will be directly shortlisted for interview if he/ she has passed the M.Tech. (ICT) fromDA-IICT with a CPI greater than or equal to 8.00.
2. Personal Interview (PI)
The candidates appearing for the personal interview will be evaluated by a panel of expert faculty on foundational as well as specialized topics based on their background and research interests.
At the time of interview, candidates must submit the following as a part of their application:
- A one page research statement
- Name(s) of faculty members at DA-IICT under whose supervision they would want to pursue research, in the application form
DAIICT Gandhinaagr Ph.D. Fellowship:
1. DA-IICT Fellowship:
The assistantship is Rs.18,000/- per month at the beginning and may get revised up to a maximum of Rs.28,000/- per month based on the research performance of the student.
2. TCS Research Fellowship:
Period: For a maximum of four years or submission of thesis, whichever is earlier.
The assistantship is Rs. 23,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs.25,000/- per month for the next two years.
Address for Correspondence:
PG Admissions 2015
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
Near Indroda Circle, Gandhinagar – 382 007, Gujarat
Tel.: (079) 30520000
Website: www.daiict.ac.inLast Updated - 17 Nov 2015