Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey or SNDT University was established by Maharshi Dave in 1915. It is approved by the University Grants Commission and was the first university to be awarded the 5 star status. Under the belt of the university are 36 departments and 26 colleges. In 1979, the university started its distance education department. The Centre for Distance Education also offers an MBA program to interested candidates.
Aims of the MBA program:
The MBA program of the University is a PG Diploma in Human Resources Management. The aim of the program is to:
- Spreading knowledge among women in the sphere of management.
- Provide scope to working women to participate in the university’s academic activities.
- Assist women to further their professional education by providing a platform.
- Building a bridge between students of SNDT university and the professional world.
- The duration of the course is one year.
- The contact session commences from September
- The final examination is conducted towards the 2nd week of May.
Eligibility criterion for the course:
- SNDT-Women’s University Correspondence MBA Criterion requires an applicant to hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university.
- The university should be a part of the Association of Indian Universities.
Process of admitting oneself to the course:
To enroll oneself for the course, a student has to:
- Fill out the admission form provided on the website or the ones available through study centres in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- The admission form is cost free.
- Admission forms can be delivered to your house on demand.
- The SNDT Women’s University Correspondence MBA admission procedure for 2014 will commence between July and September 2014.
- The session commences from September 2014.
Fees for the course:
Since this course is a PG Diploma one, the fees is not much for it. The SNDT-Women’s university Correspondence MBA fee is Rs 15,500/- for the entire course. The payment can be done online or through a bank challan.
To appear for the entrance examination, you need to pay Rs 1,500/-. You can appear for the test in English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati. The result for it will be valid for 6 months. To appear for the test, you need to be 18 and above.
The entrance examination for the Arts and the Commerce section is conducted separately.
- An MBA degree in Retail Management is also offered by the university under its regular courses.
- The course is 2 years long and is divided into semesters.
- To enroll in the course, a student needs to clear the CET. Scores from other aptitude tests are also applicable.
A toll free number is provided on the website along with an email address that an applicant can reach in case he or she has any queries regarding the admission process.
MBA degrees are of utmost importance nowadays and to progress in one’s career, getting these degrees done is mandatory. A distance education course does not require you to skip work or a regular course and therefore, enrolling for one may be immensely beneficial for you.Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015