There may be many circumstances in one's life which inhibits one from getting quality education. Lack of quality education can lead to a roadblock in one's career. You might not be able to get a job that you desire. But now, you can get a degree in a management course and see your career soar. Punjab Technical University or PTU has over 2000 learning centers across India and more than 1, 55,000 students have enrolled here. A variety of courses are offered by the university- management, fashion designing & technology, hospitality & catering, paramedics, bio-informatics etc.
Affiliation, Recognition and Accreditation
- Punjab Technical University is a state university established by the Government of Punjab in 2004.
- The degrees offered are recognized by the University Grant Commission or UGC.
- The courses are approved by the AICTE.
- The University is a member of the Association of Indian Universities.
Eligibility Criteria for Studying at PTU
Every university has its own eligibility criteria and PTU is no different. The Punjab Technical University Distance Learning Criterion has been listed below:
- For post graduate management course, you need to simply hold a graduate degree or should be appearing for the final examination.
- For bachelor's degrees, you need to graduate from a schooling system of 10+2 format or a system that is an equivalent.
- For special streams such as Paramedics and Clinical Research, you need to have a paper on Life Sciences or related subjects in your school or graduation level.
Unlike other universities, Punjab Technical University Distance Learning Criterion is not very strict which is why anyone can enroll for a program.
Admission Procedure for Enrolling in a Course
The distance education directorate of PTU is quite student friendly, as is evident from its admission procedure. For Punjab Technical University Distance Learning Admission Procedure for 2014, keep the following in mind:
- Admissions are held twice a year for learning centers all over India, except Punjab, where it is held once.
- Admissions are conducted in the months of March and September and exclusively in September in Punjab.
- Interested candidates need to visit their nearest learning center with attested photocopies and originals of all documents relating to their education.
- The university publishes its prospectus every year, bearing the details of the course, rules and regulations and OMR sheet for the examination.
- Enrollment will depend on the availability of seats at the learning center. Submissions of admission forms do not guarantee enrollment.
Fees to be paid for a course
- The Punjab Technical University (PTU) Distance Learning Fee needs to be paid for every semester that a student desires to study, before it begins.
- The fee for each course is different.
- The fee for the course and examination needs to be paid using demand draft to the Registrar of the Punjab Technical University, payable at Jalandhar.
- Fees are not accepted in cash at the education center nor should a demand draft be made in their name.
- Only the Lab fee (in case of technical courses) and Library Fee (not above Rs 1000/-) are refundable.
Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015