Thapar University has released a notification for B.Tech admission 2017. Online application form is available on www.thapar.edu. Before registering for Thapar B.Tech admission 2017, the candidates have ensured that they have satisfied eligibility criteria set by the university.
- Thapar B.Tech Admission 2017 will be done on the basis of JEE Main 2017 marks.
- Online counselling of Thapar B.Tech admission will start from July 21.
- Only Citizens of India can apply for the admission.
- Applicant must have passed in 12th examination.
- The exam taker must have Mathematics & Physic as compulsory subjects.
- Applicant should score a minimum of 60% in the examination to Qualify
- Applicant should be on or after 1 October 1990.
- Candidates from SC/ST/PWD categories are allowed a reduction of 5 years.
- Direct admission shall be approved to board toppers.
Thapar University B.Tech Admission Dates 2017
|Second list of selected candidates published||June 12, 2017|
|Deposit of fees by candidates selected||June 13 to 17, 2017|
|Display of third list of candidates||June 26, 2017|
|Deposition of fees by selected candidates||June 27 to July 01, 2017|
About Thapar University
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology University is today recognized among the leading privately managed engineering institutions of the country and the best of its kind in the north-western region of India.
- To provide a scholarly and professional environment that enables faculty, students and staff to make lasting contributions to the advancement of knowledge
- To be dynamic, innovative and flexible in devising academic programs, structures and mechanisms.
- To produce globally competent graduates having creative skills and ethical values
- To carry out cutting-edge research and development for the benefit of society.
Thapar B.Tech Admission 2017 – Programs offered
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
Thapar University B.Tech Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be born on or after October 1st 1991, For St/SC/ PwD reserved category there is a relaxation of up to 5 yrs.
- Admissions are open to Indian Nationals.
- It is important for the candidates to pass the class XII Examination
- Applicants should appear in JEE Main 2017.
- Physics and Mathematics should be compulsory subjects in the qualifying examination. However, candidates must have also studied Chemistry/ Biology/Bio-Technology/Computers as optional subject.
- It is compulsory to pass with at least 60% marks in Physics, Mathematics and any of the above optional subject & 55% for ST/SC at 10+2 Standard and 20% for General and 15% marks in JEE Main 2017.
- Candidate who has passed 10+2 Standard with 80% marks in Physics, Mathematics and any optional subjects & 75% for ST/SC and 15% marks for General and 10% for ST/SC in JEE Main 2017.
- Direct admission will be given to top 5 board toppers passed from recognized university. But for this they have to produce relevant certificates.
- One seat is reserved for J &K and NE states. However above percentage is not applicable for this category.
- Candidate must have a good moral character.
Thapar University B.Tech Application Form
- Visit official website to apply for Thapar B.Tech admission 2017.
- Candidates had click on ‘Apply Now’ and have cross checked the eligibility criteria as well.
- They created new account for new registration and filled in the details to receive unique ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ in the registered email ID.
- Candidates had logged in using the username and password for the application form of Thapar B.Tech admission 2017.
- The personal & academic details, selection preferences of programs, uploading the recent passport size photograph as per the specification has been done by candidates to fill application form
- Clicked on ‘Submit’ to register for Thapar B.Tech 2017 admission.
Thapar B.Tech Admissions Reservation of Seats
There are seats reserved for ST/ SC and other categories as per the rules of Government. Candidates must look below for percentage of seats reserved out of the total seats for admission. Different percentage for special categories is given below.
|Reserved Categories||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Punjab State Candidates||50%|
|Punjab ST/SC categories||25%|
|Outside Punjab – ST Categories SC Categories||7.5%|
|Beneficiaries of MHRD, Government of India||10 seats|
|Jammu and Kashmir Migrants||1 seat|
|Other Backward Classes||5%|
|Physically Handicapped Candidates from Punjab & outside Punjab||3%|
|Thapar University Employers Children||1%|