Anna University is one of the premier universities of Tamil Nadu, India. It was formed in 1978 after integrating 2 other universities and the university is slated to come up with a third campus. The University was conferred 5 star status by the UGC in 2002 and it has a number of departments and technical colleges under its belt.
Anna University has a center for distance education, which offers degrees in professional courses like MBA and MCA. Study centers are available in Chennai and in 5 other districts of Tamil Nadu. Under the Distance MBA program, specializations are offered in a number of unique subjects that many other centers for distance education do not offer. Some of these subjects are:
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Health Services Management
- General Management.
These courses are offered keeping in mind the changing requirements of today’s industries.
Common features of all the MBA specializations:
- The duration of the program is 2 years.
- It is divided into 4 semesters and examinations are conducted in the months of February and August.
- Pass status is offered to students who have completed their project work, internal and external assessments.
- Admission to the programs is conducted in the month of July and January.
- Contact and weekend classes are offered to students, the notice for which is given on the website.
Anna University Distance MBA Admission Procedure for 2014 is on and will end by January 2014.
Eligibility for the program:
In order to enroll in the program, one needs to fulfill the Anna University Distance MBA criterion.
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline. The bachelor’s degree needs to be pursued after +2 or similar.
- An applicant should clear the Distance Education Entrance Test or DEET, conducted by the Center for Distance Education, Anna University.
The distance education entrance test examines a student’s ability to analyse data, comprehend, perform quantitative operations and write correctly in English. It is conducted twice in a year- one for the academic year and another for the calendar year.
Fees for the course:
Anna University distance MBA fee has been revised as following:
- A student has to pay Rs 18,500 in the first semester. This includes the extra heads of cautionary deposits(refundable), cost of syllabus book and admission fee.
- In the subsequent semesters, a student has to pay Rs 12,500.
- Examination fees are collected separately from the centers.
- Students who have obtained their graduation degree from a college/university outside Tamil Nadu need to pay Rs 400 extra for recognition of degree.
- The fees need to be paid using a demand draft addressed to the “Director, Center for Distance Education, Anna University, Chennai” payable at Chennai.
- Physically handicapped (visual, aural and orthopaedic) students can get their tuition fees waived on submission of the prescribed form that has been signed by a medical officer. The form is available in the office of the CDE or can be downloaded online.
The course has been devised in a way to help a student extract the most out of an distance MBA program. Students can subscribe to a program that is pertaining to the industry that he or she aspires to work in. A specialized degree will be of much advantage.Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015