Annamalai University is one of the prestigious universities located in Tamil Nadu, India. It has released a notification for admission to B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education) and M.Ed. (Master of Education) Degree programs for the session 2017-18.
The eligibility criteria are different for both programs. The registration process has started from July 07, 2017. Candidates who wish to apply can download the application form from the official website of the university i.e. www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/. The last date of application form submission is August 03, 2017.
The selection for admission to B.Ed. program is done on the basis of marks obtained in UG and PG level. For admission to M.Ed. program, candidates must qualify the written test followed by the interview conducted by the Annamalai University.
- B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education) – 2 years
- M.Ed. (Master of Education) – 2 years (with Four Semester)
Annamalai University B.Ed. & M.Ed. Eligibility Criteria
To seek admission to B.Ed./ M.Ed. programs in Annamalai University, candidates must fulfill the complete eligibility criteria mentioned below:
B.Ed. Program Eligibility:
- Applicants should have undergone 10+2+3 (15) or 11+1+3 (15) pattern of study conducted by State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education.
- Candidates who have passed class 10 and 12 are also eligible to apply under Open University system.
- Students having PG degree (5 years integrated degree program) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern are also eligible to apply for the program.
M.Ed. Program Eligibility:
- Candidates must have B.Ed./ B.A.Ed./ B.Sc. Ed. Degree under CBCS (Choice Based Credit System) or a degree examination in Education of any other University recognized as equivalent.
- The minimum marks required to be eligible for admission to M.Ed. program is 50%.
- Reservation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category candidates and other applicable categories will be as per the rules of the Tamil Nadu State Government.
Note: There is no age limit to apply for the programs.
Read More Annamalai University Admission
Annamalai University B.Ed. & M.Ed. Application Procedure
The registration window has opened. It can be done in offline mode. Students are advised to check eligibility, before applying for the program. The last date of registration is August 03, 2017. Applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
Students have to pay an application fee of INR 1000 at the time of registration process. There is relaxation of INR 500 for reserved category candidates.
Applicants are required to visit the official website of the university and download the application form. Duly filled application form along with all the required documents send it to:
The Registrar, Annamalai University,
Annamalai nagar, Chidambaram,
Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu-608002
It is candidate’s responsibility, to make sure that all the information which is mentioned on the application form must be correct and similar to the information of original documents. Candidates have to mention a valid email address or phone number on the application form.
Steps to Apply:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/.
- Click on admission link and download application form
- Fill application form with all the required information
- Attach all the required documents
- Pay application fee either the available mode
- Send it to the address mentioned above.
Documents Required for Registration
- 10th Mark sheet
- HSC / Equivalent Mark Sheet
- UG and PG Mark Sheet
- NSS/ NCC/ Sprorts Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC and DNC, BC and BCM.
- Nativity Certificate – if applicable
Annamalai University B.Ed. & M.Ed. Selection Process
B.Ed. Degree Program:
- The selection of candidates will be done on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying UG (Under Graduate) and PG (Post Graduate) Degree Exam.
- Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their rank. Based on the rank and rule of reservations, allotment will be made.
M.Ed. Degree Program:
The selection is done on the basis of written test followed by interview. Candidates must qualify both stages of selection process to be eligible for admission to M.Ed. program in Annamalai University.
- Applications found suitable for admission will be called for written test.
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their performance in the written test will be called for interview round.
- Those who will successfully qualify both rounds will be considered for admission.
Annamalai University Contact Details
Annamalai University is one of Asia's largest public residential universities located in Tamil Nadu, India. It was founded in 1929 by the entrepreneur Annamalai Chettiyar in the aftermath of the Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms. It was the first private university in India.
The university is spread across 1,500 acres (6.1 km2) in Chidambaram. It offers courses of higher education in science, engineering, humanities, agriculture and arts.
Address: Sadagopan Nagar, Annamalai Nagar,
Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu 608002
Phone: 04144 238 282
Last Updated - 14 Jul 2017