Aligarh Muslim University is an affiliating university which offers more than 300 courses in the traditional and modern branches of education. Admission to the courses is done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination (AMU Admission Test), usually conducted in the month of April/ May every year.
Results for all the entrance tests are published on the official university website. Students can check their results from the website along with the schedule of Interview/ Group Discussion/ Counselling process for the shortlisted candidates.
The university follows semester system (even/odd) for all its courses. Final end semester examination are generally conducted in December/ January for odd semester and in the month of May/ June for even semesters. Results are usually posted on the university website within a month from the examinations.
AMU Entrance Test Results
Entrance Examinations are conducted by Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) for admission to many of its programmes (except MBBS/BDS). As the university offers numerous courses in diverse streams, various entrance tests are conducted by the university as well as the concerned departments on different days and results are declared accordingly.
In case of AMU MBBS and BDS course, admission is done through NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) which is conducted in two stages - Tier-I and Tier-II.
AMU Admit Card
AMU Admit Cards for entrance examinations of the respective courses can be downloaded from the official AMU website (In case of MBBS/ BDS courses, candidates should log on to official AIPMT website)
AMU Results Portal
Candidates can check their results for the respective courses (both boys and girls) through AMU Entrance Test Results
The result comprises of the following three lists:
Selected List: It contains the roll numbers of the candidates who are provisionally selected for admission to the respective course.
Chance Memo List: This list displays the roll numbers of candidates who will be given a chance memo for admission to the respective courses if seats are left vacant after the counseling of selected list candidates.
Nomination List: It has the roll numbers of candidates who are provisionally called for reporting under Nomination categories such as ST, BC, DS, CA, NC etc.
AMU Cut-off Release:
- Cut-off scores for different candidates will also be released alongside results of individual candidates in order to shortlist the candidates for further admission processes.
- Candidates who score marks equal to or more than the published cut-off will be considered for admissions and rest will be disqualified. Cut-off marks will differ for candidates belonging to different categories.
AMU Merit List Release:
- Merit list containing the names of students in increasing order of their ranks will also be published on the university website soon after the declaration of AMU Result.
- The ranks will be allotted on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the entrance exam.
AMU Entrance Exam Answer Keys
The university also publishes separate answer keys of the entrance exams conducted each of the programmes offered by the Aligarh Muslim University.
Candidates can also see the AMU Entrance Test Answer Keys for different AMU courses to calculate their marks in the entrance test.
Admission to various courses will be done only after the candidates have qualified the exam. The merit lists will be released for the reserved as well as the unreserved candidates separately.
Lists of candidates shortlisted for Interview / Group Discussion/ Counselling is displayed on the Notice Boards of the concerned Faculty / College / Centre / Proctor’s Office / Controller’s website
No separate intimation letters will be sent to the candidates shortlisted for interview / selected /counselling process
The following link contains a list of documents required to be presented at the time of Admission / Reporting.
AMU Semester Examination Results
Aligarh Muslim University semester examinations are conducted in the following two phases:
Odd Semester Examination: For 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th semester
Odd Semester examinations are usually conducted for all courses in the month of December/ January every year. The results for the same are uploaded on the AMU Controller Exams website within a month from the examinations.
Even Semester Examination: For 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th semester
Even Semester examinations are usually conducted for all courses in the month of May/ June every year. The results for the same are uploaded on the AMU Controller Exams website within a month from the examinations.
Steps to Check the AMU Semester Examinations Result
Candidates can check their results from the official website by following the given steps:
- Firstly, students searching for the AMU Semester Result 2016 should visit the official university result website i.e. “amucontrollerexams.com”.
- In the next step, candidates should search for the respective course result link. For example - Marks of B.A./B.Sc./B.Com (Semester II)
- Upon clicking the link, candidates should enter the Exam Roll number along with the Enrollment Number and click on Click on “Submit” button
- Candidates result is instantly displayed which they can verify and finally take a print out of it
- This result will be accepted as a provisional result and the candidates can obtain the original copy of the result from their respective college offices