Dayalbagh Educational Institute (DEI), Agra is inviting applications for admission to their M.Phil. programs for the upcoming session commencing December 2015. Candidates can apply online from the website of the institute. Crucial dates are mentioned below.
Important Dates for DEI, Agra M.Phil. Research Entrance Test (RET) 2015-16:
Last date for receiving filled online application forms.
November 30, 2015
DEI M.Phil. (RET) Test Date
December 23, 2015
Declaration of Result
December 30, 2015
Registration and Fee Submission
January 1, 2016
Written Test Schedule:
- Test Venue: Venue: - Multi Media Extension Building, DEI.
- Test Timings: - Written Test – 9:00 AM-10:30 AM, Interviews- 11:30 AM Onwards.
DEI M.Phil. (RET) 2015-16 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate should have passed his master’s degree with atleast 55% in aggregate or should have a CGPA of 5.5/10 in the qualifying degree i.e. First Master’s Degree.
- There is a relaxation of 5% marks (or equivalent CGPA) for SC/ST/ PC candidates in the minimum marks (or CGPA) required in the qualifying examinations.
DEI, Agra M.Phil. 2015-16 Disciplines:
M.Phil. Research Entrance Test for the admission to the M.Phil. Programs at Dayalbagh Educational Institute will be conducted in following disciplines only:
Drawing & Painting
- In case, a candidate obtained their P.G Degree in some other field/discipline than the ones mentioned above, then the candidate is supposed to apply in the field/discipline that is related or closest to one of the fields mentioned above.
Application Procedure for DEI, Agra M.Phil. RET 2015-16:
Candidates can apply online from the website of Dayalbagh Educational Institute. The application process has been explained for you in simple steps below:
- Open Dayalbagh Educational Institute’s official website.(http://www.dei.ac.in/dei/)
- Go to Notice/Downloads section.
- Click on “Apply online for M.Phil. Program”.
- Now click on “Apply Online”.
- Click “Click Here to Register” below the login window and register.
- Now login into your account and fill in all the required information.
Dayalbagh Educational Institute M.Phil. (RET) Exam Pattern 2015-16:
The written test will of 1.5 hours in duration and will consist three sections as explained below.
No. of Questions
Weightage of each question.
Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, General Knowledge, General nature, comprising Fundamentals of Faculty, and Computer Awareness.
Questions to assess the research-related reasoning and also the writing skills of the candidate.
Subject related questions of specialized nature related to particular field/discipline of Faculty.
- All the questions the test will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs). There will be no negative marking in the examination and no re-evaluation of the answer sheets will be allowed.
- The written test will be of 75 marks in total, and the interview will be of 25 marks.
DEI M.Phil. (RET) Selection Process 2015-16:
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of the final score that they obtain in the written test collectively with the marks obtained in the interview included. The candidates will be awarded marks out of 100.
- Candidates will have to score minimum required marks in order to be considered for the final merit list. The minimum requirement is mentioned below:
- Written test (individually): - 30% (25% for SC/ST/PC)
- Written test and interview (collectively): - 50% (45% for SC/ST/PC)
- Only interview ( for M.Phil. RET Exempts): - 50% (45% for SC/ST/PC)
Exemption from M.Phil. (RET):
In a certain scenario, candidates might be exempted from appearing in the M.Phil. RET but they will still have to appear in the interview and obtain a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PC) in the interview. The candidates must fulfill any one of the following condition to be eligible for exemption.
- A candidate who has qualified National Eligibility Test (NET-JRF).
- A permanent teacher of the Institute with a post-graduate qualification with at least two published papers in a standard journal or two full papers in reputed conference proceedings.
- A candidate who is a recipient of fellowship from government/semi-government organizations such as CSIR, UGC, AICTE, DST, DRDO, DAE, DBT, and similar national-level organizations.
Note: - Any candidate not meeting any of one of the requirements given above shall not be exempted and will have to appear for the written test, positively.Last Updated - 21 Nov 2015