University of Lucknow has released a notification for admission to M.Sc. in Applied Geology program. The registration process has started already. Interested candidates can submit the application form on the official website of the university i.e. www.lkouniv.ac.in/.
The university offers 25 seats for admission to M.Sc. in Applied Geology (With specialization in Petroleum Geosciences). The duration of the program is 4 semester.
- To seek admission to M.Sc. in Applied Geology program, applicants must have 3 year B.Sc. degree.
- Candidates have to pay an application fee of INR 1000 at the time of registration process (INR 500 for SC/ ST).
- The registration will close on July 10, 2017.
- The selection is done on the basis of merit.
University of Lucknow M.Sc. in Applied Geology Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to M.Sc. in Applied Geology program (With specialization in Petroleum Geosciences), candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Applicants must have three year B.Sc. degree with any two of the following subjects: (a) Geology, (b) Physics, (c) Mathematics (d) Life Sciences (Zoology and/ or Botany) and (e) Chemistry from Lucknow University or any other equivalent examination of other universities (considered as equivalent by the University of Lucknow).
- The minimum marks required to apply for admission is 55% or equivalent CGPA.
- Preference will be given to the candidates who have studied Geology at the U. G. Level.
University of Lucknow M.Sc. in Applied Geology Application Form
The registration process for admission to M.Sc. program has started. Applicants who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of the university. The last date to apply is July 10, 2017. Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
Applicants are required to make sure that all the information which is mentioned on the application form must be correct and similar to the information of original documents. If any candidate found ineligible at the time of admission process his/ her candidature will be cancelled. Students are required to mention a valid email address or phone number on the application form.
Candidates have to pay an application fee of INR 1000 at the time of registration process. There is relaxation of INR 500 for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST). The application fee can be paid in online mode through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
Steps to Apply
- Go to the official website i.e. www.lkouniv.ac.in/.
- Register with your email id and password.
- Login after the confirmation of email
- Enter the details asked in application form
- Upload the signature and photograph in jpeg format
- Image size should not be more than 50 kb
- Pay application fee
- Verify all the information and click on submit button
- Take the printout of application form for future reference.
University of Lucknow M.Sc. in Applied Geology Selection Process
Admission to the Four Semester M.Sc. Program in Applied Geology (With specialization in Petroleum Geosciences), will be done on the basis of their scholastic achievements as well as performance in the Interview.
The M.Sc. Program in Applied Geology will be imparted to the selected students for two academic sessions consisting of four semesters. Besides the regular course they will also have to opt for a compulsory Elective subject from the Faculty of Science.
University of Lucknow Contact Details
University of Lucknow or Lucknow University (LU) is a government owned Indian research university based in Lucknow. It is one of the oldest government owned institutions of Indian higher education. The university offers admission in various UG, PG and Ph.D. programs.
Address: Lucknow University Main Building, University Road,
Babuganj, Hasanganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226007
Phone: 088086 15285
Last Updated - 13 Jul 2017