Calcutta University (Department of History) invites the applications for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in History for academic year 2016. Last date to receive the applications is January 04, 2016.
|Top Universities in West Bengal||Best Ph.D. Colleges in West Bengal|
There are only 21 seats are available for this discipline in Ph.D. and candidates will be selected for Ph.D. on the basis of written test and Interview will be held by Department of History, University of Calcutta.
Important Dates for Admission to Ph.D. Program
Last Date to Receive the Filled in Application Form
January 04, 2016
Date of Written Examination to be held in the Department on
January 18, 2016
The List of Successful Candidates will be Displayed on
January 29, 2016
Kolkata University Ph.D. (History) Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates should have qualified a UGC/ JRF examination/ SET/ NET examination
- If any candidates have M.Phil degrees from recognized Universities then such candidates no need to appear at the written examination
University of Calcutta Ph.D. Admission Process:
- Candidates should apply in the prescribed format by paying Rs. 100/- (amount may be changed) through a challan
- Challan can be obtainable from the College Street campus(cash counter)
- Fill the application form and send it to
Department of History, University of Calcutta
1 Reformatory Street,
Kolkata – 27, West Bengal
Calcutta University Selection Process for Ph.D. Program:
All the eligible candidates will have to appear in a written examination and interview conducted by the University Department. The final selection for joining this programme will be on the basis of the interview and evaluation of the candidate’s research proposal.
All successful applicants (RET qualified and qualified in UGC/ (JRF) Examination/ SET/ NET examinations, and those who have M.Phil degrees) will have to submit a Research Proposal (1000 words) by February 3, 2016. No research proposal will be accepted after the date mentioned.
CU Ph.D. Entrance Exam Details
The written test will be of two hours duration. Entrance Test will be held on the themes of
- Proposed Area of Your Research
- Recent Trends in Historical Research in Medieval, Modern and Contemporary History with special emphasis on India
- Historiography – European and Indian