Narasinha Dutt College Howrah has released notification for admission to M.A. in English program. It is 3 year full time degree program. For the academic year 2017- 18, the university offers 30 seats for admission to M.A. in English program. The registration has started from June 29, 2017 (Thursday). Candidates who wish to apply can submit their application form on the official website of college i.e. narasinhaduttcollege.edu.in/.
- To seek admission to M.A. program, students must have graduation degree from a recognized university or institute.
- Candidates have to pay an application fee of INR 600 (including bank charges) at the time of registration process.
- The registration window will close on July 08, 2017 (Saturday).
- Out of 30, 18 seats are reserved for current year students of C.U and C.U autonomous colleges.
- Remaining seats (40% seats = 12 seats) are reserved for C.U candidates of immediate preceding year and Non-C.U candidates of current year and immediate preceding year.
Narasinha Dutt College M.A. in English Important Dates
The registration process for admission to M.A. in English program has started, candidates are required to visit the official website for online form submission. The last date of registration is July 08, 2017. The table given below represents the complete schedule:
|Online registration begins from||June 29, 2017|
|The date of online form submission||July 08, 2017|
|Last date for payment of application fees in bank||July 11, 2017|
|Publication of first Merit list||July 12, 2017 (Wednesday after 3:00 pm)|
|Direct admission of eligible candidates from first merit list||July 13, 2017 (Thursday 12:00 pm onwards)|
|Date of entrance test||July 15, 2017 (Saturday 12:00 pm onwards)|
|Publication of Second merit list||July 18, 2017 (Tuesday)|
|Admission of eligible candidates from 2nd merit list||July 19, 2017 (Wednesday)|
Narasinha Dutt College M.A. in English Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria is graduation degree for admission to M.A. in English program in Narasinha Dutt College Howrah. Applicants wishing to apply must fulfill the complete eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Candidates who are eligible to apply for M.A in English must have an Honors degree in English (3 year regular degree course) from any UGC recognized university. Candidates, who have passed their B.A Part III Hons Exam in the immediate preceding year, may also apply.
- Candidates passing English Hons with at least 55% marks from IGNOU, Netaji Subhash Open University and other UGC- recognized distance education programs in West Bengal of current and immediate preceding year are also eligible to apply. They will be considered in the 40% reserved category.
- Admission will be strictly according to merit list. All applicants will appear in a merit list (to be published by the department) on the basis of marks obtained in B.A Hons Exam and entrance test.
Narasinha Dutt College M.A. in English Application Form
Only online application for admission to M.A. in English program will be entertained. Students are required to submit their applications on the official website of the college. The last date of online form submission is July 08, 2017. Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
It is candidate’s responsibility to make sure that, all the information which is mentioned on the application form must be correct and exactly same with the information of original documents. If any candidate is found ineligible at the time of admission, his/ her candidature will be cancelled. Aspirants have to mention a valid email address or phone number on the application form, all the information regarding admission process will be sent by the email only.
Candidates need to pay an application fee of INR 600 at the time of online registration. It is only payable at “Central Bank of India, Narasinha Dutt College Howrah”.
Steps to Apply:
- Go to the official website i.e. narasinhaduttcollege.edu.in/.
- Click on the admission link
- Register by using your email id and password
- Login after the confirmation of email
- Enter the details asked in application form
- Upload the signature and photograph in jpeg format
- Image size should not be more than 50 kb
- Pay the application fee of INR 600
- Save the application form
- Take the printout for future reference.
Narasinha Dutt College M.A. in English Selection Process
The selection criteria is different for current year students of C.U and C.U autonomous colleges and Non-C.U candidates of current year and immediate preceding year.
Students of C.U and C.U autonomous colleges:
- The selection is done on the basis of marks scored by candidates in B.A. Hons.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtain in B.A. Hons.
Non-C.U candidates of current year and immediate preceding year:
- The selection is done on the basis of written test.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the written test.
- The entrance test will be conducted at “P.G. Department, Narasinha Dutt College”.
The registration fee is INR 600 for admission to M.A. in English program. The complete fee structure is mentioned in the table given below:
|Tuition fee||INR 12,000|
|Session charges||INR 1000|
|Library fee||INR 500|
|Admission fee||INR 2000|
|Exam fee||INR 2000|
Narasinha Dutt College Contact Details
Narasinha Dutt College is an undergraduate college in Howrah, West Bengal, India. Established in 1924, it claims to be the oldest college in Howrah district and the biggest in West Bengal. It is affiliated with the University of Calcutta. It offers study in the department of Science, Commerce, Arts, and Post Graduate Departments (Under C.U.).
Address: 129, Belilious Road, Howrah, West Bengal 711101
Phone: 033 2643 8049
Last Updated - 25 Jul 2017