Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati is the first among the 3rd phase of IITs, to have its foundation stone laid in March 2015. Indian Institute of Technology, Tirupati invites applications for admission to the M.S. (Research) program starting in July 2017.
- Basic Eligibility for applying for admission to the M.S. (Research) program is a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant departments with valid GATE score.
- Last Date for applying for the program is June 30 2017
- Admission in is based on entrance test/Interview
IIT Tirupati MS Program Admission 2017 Important Dates
|Opening date for on-line application||June 15 2017 (Thursday)|
|Closing date for on-line application||June 30 2017 (Friday)|
|Written test/ Interview||July 10& 11 2017 (Monday & Tuesday)|
|Announcement of Results||July 14 2017 (Friday)|
|Joining date of candidate||July 24 2017 (Monday)|
IIT Tirupati MS Program Admission 2017 Research Areas
Structural Engineering, Hydraulics & Water Resources Engineering and Building Construction & Management.
Signal & Image Processing, Control & Instrumentation, Power Systems & Power Electronic and Micro Electronics & MEMS.
Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Solid Mechanics, Design, Manufacturing and Computational Mechanics & CFD
IIT Tirupati MS Program Admission 2017 Eligibility
The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the M.S. by research degree for full time scholars are as follows:
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant departments with valid GATE score.
- Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies are also eligible for admission to the M.S. program of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both Part A and Part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record. The Institution of Engineers (India) (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical and Electronics/Electronics and communications), The Institute of Electronics and Tele-Communication Engineering.
- Engineering graduates from IITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI) with a CGPA of at least 8/10 (7.5 for OBC-NCL and 7 for SC/ST/PwD) are eligible for seeking admission, without GATE score, to the MS Program and they can be offered HTRA, if selected.
IIT Tirupati MS Program Admission 2017 Application Form
Candidate has to register Online. Below are the steps for the registration:
- Visit the official website of IIT Tirupati to fill the application form
- Register using login menu
- After registering you will get activation mail to registered mail ID
- Click on the link to login/reset password in the mail
- Fill basic data with Basic Profile Edit menu
- You have to upload Photo, Signature, Degree files with Upload Files menu
- Fill Qualification one by one with Add Qualification menu
- Add Experience one by one with Add Experience menu
- Submit Application with Apply to Post menu
- View Application Details with My Profile menu
- Using with Application Details menu
- Candidates Pay Application Fee through online only, using link available in My Profile (or) Payment Menu
- You can generate PDF application using link available in My Profile menu
- Print Application
- Fix your Photo place provided in the application (if printout is black and white)
- Sign Place provided in the application
- Send the Application to IITTP
IIT Tirupati MS Program Admission 2017 Application Fee
|General/OBC-NCL (Male)||₹ 100|
|General/OBC-NCL (Female)||₹ 50|
|SC/ST and PwD candidates||₹ 50|
IIT Tirupati MS Program Admission 2017 Selection Procedure
Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications, and satisfying additional criteria set by the Institute from time to time, will be called for an Interview and/or Test by Selection Committees of the respective departments.
Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test, the Departmental Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman, Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the M.S. by Research.
IIT Tirupati MS Program Admission 2017 General Remarks
- Candidates who expect to complete all the requirements of their degree before July, 2017 also can apply.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview and/or a written test.
- Reservations for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD shall apply as per GoI rules.
- Financial Assistance is available (HTRA) as per MHRD or other funding agency norms.
- 5. Presently, IIT Tirupati follows the Ordinance and Regulations of IIT Madras.
- More information can be found in M.S. (Research) Information Brochure.
- Applicants should apply through the online portal only
- No queries will be entertained
IIT Tirupati MS Program Admission 2017 Contact Details
Address : Academic Section, Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati – Renigunta Road,Settipalli Post,Tirupati – 517 506,
Phone : 0877-2500350
Last Updated - 22 Jun 2017