Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology has released a notification for admission into Trade Diploma Courses of one and a half year duration, for the academic year 2017-18. Interested applicants can apply till July 06, 2017.
- The minimum qualification to apply at CIHM is class 12 with English as a compulsory subject.
- Age limit is up to 25 years for General category candidates as on July 01, 2017. There is relaxation of 3 years for the candidates who belong to reserved categories (SC/ ST/ PH).
- The admission process of Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology will be based on marks obtained in 10+2 examinations.
- The merit list will be displayed on the Institute Notice Board on July 07, 2017 on the basis of class 12 marks. Also, it will be available on the official website of institute i.e. www.cihmct.com.
CIHM Trade Diploma 2017 Important Dates
Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology admission notification has been released. The last date to submit application form is July 06, 2017. The table below represents the important dates related to the admission process.
|Last Date for Submission of Filled in Application Form||July 06, 2017|
|Counselling for allotment of seats (Rank 1 to 100)||July 11, 2017|
|Counselling for allotment of seats (Rank 101 to 200)||July 12, 2017|
|Counselling for allotment of seats (Rank 201 to Onwards)||July 13, 2017|
CIHM Trade Diploma 2017 Admission Process
CIHM admission process has been started. Eligible candidates can apply through online as well as offline mode. To apply online, aspirants will have to visit the official website of institute till July 06 2017, applications received after due date will not be accepted.
- The Prospectus cum Application Form can be downloaded from the University website www.cihmct.com.
- Prospectus containing application form and other details is available on payment of INR 250/- at the Institute counter.
- A bank draft of INR 300/- is also acceptable at the institute to fetch the application form. Draft must be payable at Chandigarh in the name of the institute.
- Application Forms can also be downloaded from the Institute website. Candidate must attach a Demand Draft of INR 250/- along with the downloaded application, failing which their candidature will not be considered
CIHM Trade Diploma 2017 Fee Structure
Students must come prepared along with admission fee in the form of Bank Draft for INR 20,000/- in favor of Principal, Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management payable at Chandigarh and remaining amount must be deposited in cash on declaration of result.
Candidate who fails to deposit the fee at the time of selection will lose their seat and it will be given to the candidate next on the merit list. The course wise detail of fee for first term is tabulated below:
|Courses Name||Fee Structure|
|Food Production||INR 23, 480|
|Bakery and Confectionery||INR 23, 480|
|Food and Beverage Service||INR 23, 480|
|House Keeping Operations||INR 20, 200|
|Front Office Operations||INR 20, 200|
CIHMCT (Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology) is one of the best institutes of Chandigarh. It was set up in February 1973 in the Hostel Complex of Chandigarh Polytechnic College in sector-26 with an intake of 18 students in each program. Its aim is to provide better and brighter avenues for students by improving style, quality and content of training.
CIHM has Faculty strength of 18 including the Principal. The institute also organizes professional activities like salad competition, cake decoration, Rangoli making, Cocktail and mocktail making, food festivals and flower arrangement.
Courses Offered by CIHM
- Food Production – 70 Seats
- Bakery and Confectionery – 30 Seats
- Front Office Operations – 35 Seats
- Food and Beverage Service – 70 Seats
- House Keeping Operations – 35 Seats