Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalam University (SPMV) has invited applications for Research Entrance Test (RESET) 2017 for admission into full time and part time M. Phil / PhD programs for the academic year 2017-2018.
- Last date to submit the application is July 10, 2017.
- Admissions to M. Phil and PhD degree for eligible women are conducted once in a year through the RESET.
- The entrance exam will be conducted on August 10, 2017 at the University of Tirupati.
- The medium of writing will be in English except for Telugu studies.
- Both the programs have different eligibility criteria for their full time and part time applications.
SVURESET 2017 Important Dates 2017
Important dates for RESET 2017 by SMPV University, Tirupati for the year 2017-2018 has been tabulated below.
|Last date of receipt for filled in application||July 10, 2017|
|Date of Entrance Exam||August 10, 2017; 10:30 am|
SVURESET 2017 Courses
Applicants can get admitted into the following disciplines offered by SPMVV University for their full time and part time M. Phil and PhD program.
School of Sciences
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Microbiology/ Biochemistry (only PhD)
- Computer Science
- Home Science
- Pharmaceutical Sciences (only PhD)
- Sericulture/ Botany/ Zoology
School of Engineering and Technology
- Engineering and Technology (only PhD)
School of Social Sciences Humanities and Management
- Business Management
- Communication and Journalism
- Law (only PhD)
- Physical Education
- Social Work
- Telugu Studies
- Women’s Studies
SVURESET 2017 Eligibility
SPMV university offers a different eligibility criteria for its M. Phil and PhD program and the same has been listed below.
For PhD Program
Candidates are eligible for enrolling themselves into PhD Program which is carried out on full time and part time basis if they fulfill the following criteria:
- A full-time research scholar with PG/M.Phil. degree carries out full-time research in PhD for a minimum period of 3/2 years respectively.
- Candidates will have to put in a minimum of 3 years with 75% of attendance each year in SPMVV under a Research Supervisor.
- The applicants may work in research projects sanctioned to the Research Supervisor in the University as Junior Research Fellows, Project Assistants in S.P. Mahila Visvavidyalayam.
- A Part-time research scholar with P.G./M.Phil. carries out part-time research under a research supervisor from SPMVV
- While the candidate also discharges her duties associated with her job in a recognized Academic/Research/Professional/Industry/Relevant Institution.
For M. Phil/ PhD Program SVURESET 2017
- Applicants must possess a post-graduate degree of the concerned subject from any recognized university.
- Candidates must have at least second class with a minimum of 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 – point scale.
- In case of SC/ST/Differently abled applicants, the criterion for marks is 50%.
For M. Phil Program
Research for M. Phil degree can be carried out on a full time or part time basis and the eligibility is as follows:
- A full-time research scholar carries out full time research for a minimum period of one year
- Applicant will have to put in 75% of attendance without taking up any other assignment and maximum of two years.
- Applicants may work in Research Projects in the University as Junior Research Fellows, Project Assistants etc.
SVURESET 2017 Application Process
- Candidates must download the application forms from the website
- Registration fee for both full time and part time applicants shall be paid in the form of DD.
- The fee for general category candidates is INR 1800 while for SC/ ST and Differently abled candidates is INR 1200.
- DD must be drawn in favor of the Registrar, S.P. Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati.
- Four self-addressed envelopes 22 cm X 10 cm size stamped worth INR 50 are also required.
- Attested copies of the following enclosures need to be submitted by full time and part time applicants:
|Full Time Applicants|
|Part Time Applicants|
- Separate applications along with separate registration fee must be submitted by applicants applying for both M. Phil and PhD program.
- Application form must be duly filled in specifying the name of the Department on the envelope and must be submitted in person or sent by registered post with all required enclosures.
- In case the application is sent by registered post, it must reach the address: “The Dean of Examinations, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalam, Tirupati, 517502, Andhra Pradesh.”
SVURESET 2017 Selection Process
- Selection for M. Phil and PhD programs by SMPV university is done through a common entrance test namely RESET.
- RESET 2017 will be held at the University of Tirupati.
- The number of seats for both the programs are decided well in advance and are notified on the University website
- Admissions to the programs take place once in every year.
- Admissions are restricted to women applicants only.
SVURESET 2017 Entrance Exam
- SVURESET shall be of 2.5 hours duration
- The test is of 100 marks and consists of two parts, namely Part A and Part B.
- Part A comprises 50 objective type questions of 50 marks each while Part B which is also of 50 marks comprises 8 short descriptive essay type questions out of which any 5 must be answered.
- Question paper and medium of writing shall be in English except for Telugu studies.
- There are a few questions from Research Methodology wherever necessary.
- General category students must obtain at least 50% marks in the entrance test while minimum marks for SC/ST and differently abled categories is 45%
- Candidates must keep in mind that qualifying merely in the entrance test alone does not guarantee them a seat for admission.
SVURESET 2017 Contact Details
Address: Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Padmavathi Nagar, Near West Railway Station, Tirupati, Chittoor (D.t), Andhra Pradesh, India
Contact Number: +91-877-2284588
Website: www.spmvv.ac.inLast Updated - 15 Jun 2017