Anna University is a technical university in Tamil Nadu providing admission into B.Tech. Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals Engineering through TNEA . It is accredited by UGC. It was established in 1978. Course is offered in both full time and part time. The admission to this course is done through TNEA
Anna University B.Tech Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals Engineering Important Dates
|Start date for application||May 6, 2015|
|Last date for application||May 29, 2015|
|Counseling starts from||July 1, 2015|
|Counseling ends on||July 31, 2015|
|Commencement of classes||August 2015|
Anna University B.Tech Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals Engineering Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have passed 12thclass exam and secured 50% for GEN/ 40% for BC/ 45% for SC/ST
- They must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects
- Candidates who have passed in any one of the vocational subjects along with subjects like physics, chemistry or mathematics can also apply. Minimum percentage needed to be scored by them is given below:-
|MBC & DNC||40%|
Anna University B.Tech Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals Engineering Application Procedure
Students can apply online/offline for getting admission in course through TNEA 2015 Counselling.
Registration starts from May 6, 2015. Last date of form submission is May 29, 2015. Application fee is INR 500 for general and INR 250 for SC/ST.
- Form can be downloaded from website — annauniv.edu
- One can also obtain application form by post from "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai-600025â€³ by sending a requisition along with a Demand Draft of INR 700 for GEN/ INR 450 for reserved categories. it should be in favor of "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions" payable at Chennai, drawn on any Nationalized Bank dated on or after May 5, 2015
Following is the list of documents needs to be submitted along with application form
- Special Reservation Form
- Self address stamped Envelope
- Class 10thand 12thmarks sheets
- Transfer certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM
- Nativity Certificate
- Higher Secondary/Diploma Roll number
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration
Anna University B.Tech Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals Engineering Selection Procedure
Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit list prepared by taking into account various factors such as
- Community Wise Categorization
- Marks Obtained in Maths and Physics in class 12th
- Date of Birth
While preparing merit list, marks of concerned subjects of qualifying exam will be reduced to 200 marks for general students (100 for mathematics and 100 for physics and chemistry).
Students who have completed their studies from National Boards like CBSE, ICSE then highest marks in concerned subject by them at the National level will be taken into account for normalization of marks. If these marks will not be available then maximum marks will be considered as 100%.
Suppose candidates have same marks in merit list then preference will be given in following order
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the Fourth optional subject
- Date of Birth (one who is elder will be placed above other one)
Rank list can be checked on given link- http://www.annauniv.edu/tnea2015 .
- Shortlisted students will also be intimated though call letters for counselling by post.
- In order of merit, they will be called for counselling. Candidates will choose colleges and branches at time of counselling.
- They have to deposit amount of INR 5000 (INR 1000 for SC/SCA/ST) in cash or by demand draft and must carry all the required original documents for counselling.
- When the seat will be allotted, this amount will be adjusted against the tuition fee. If they will not join, 80% of initial deposit will be refunded.
Anna University B.Tech Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals Engineering Course Fees
Students can check the fee of given course below:-
|Year / Sem||Tuition||Registration||Hostel||Admission||Exam||Other|
Anna University B.Tech Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals Engineering Study Centers
B.Tech Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals is offered on Anna University Campus.