Last Modified : January 29, 2015
Any qualification that you acquire needs to be from a reputed institute with valid credentials otherwise they won’t be of much value. Of what use will getting such a degree by spending a lot of money, if you do not get the necessary benefits from it? Therefore, you should look for some sort of approval of a government organization for an institute before you sign up for a program at it.
The University Grant Commission or UGC is one of the largest organizations in the country that governs universities and colleges. Colleges receive grants from this organization for improving infrastructure, faculty and other aspects. A degree from a college that is recognized by the UGC will count and can improve your job prospects manifold.
Below given is a list of universities that have been featured on the list of top ugc recognized distance MBA institutes. The papers taught are comprehensive and applicable in real situations.
1. IGNOU– The Indira Gandhi National Open University is the largest open university in the world. Established in 1985, the university has over 35 lakh students on its roll. It offers more than 175 courses and has numerous centers spread throughout the country and abroad.
IGNOU has a very strict criteria for enrolling in the distance MBA programme. However, it is cheaper than courses offered by other universities.
2. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning– The SCDL is the distance education wing of the Symbiosis International University. The SCDL has been ranked second in a survey conducted by DNA Indus Learning Survey in 2013. The university offers placement assistance to outgoing students as well.
3. Institute of Management Technology (IMT)– Located in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, the University has been ranked first among top MBA colleges by many reputed magazines such as Competition Success Review, DNA, Outlook etc. The IMT Center for Distance Learning allows students to take online classes before appearing for the examinations. The university requires you to have a graduation degree only to pursue correspondence MBA.
4. Sikkim Manipal University– The SMU has a directorate of distance learning, which has over 725 centers in 310 towns. The University has an ISO 9001:2000 certification. It even offers scholarships to 1500 meritorious students.
6. Welingkar Institute of Management– The Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research has received a number of accolades and has made a name for itself for being one of the best business schools in Asia. The institute has started a diploma program for 2 years. Students can take direct admission to the program.
7. ICFAI– The university offers a 2 year long MBA distance program. It offers the facility of contact classes and online examination. The prospectus can be downloaded from the official website of the university. There is no entrance examination to enroll for this program. A candidate simply needs to have a graduation degree in any discipline.
8. Amity University– Amity Directorate of Distance Learning has been awarded the 3rd position among other distance education institutes by Business Standard surveys. Two year long program is offered by this university that can be pursued through correspondence or online.
The ranking presented is as per the ones done in 2013. The distance MBA universities in India 2014 Rankings are yet to be out.