M.Sc. Biotechnology Program 2015:
Sant Gadge Baba Amravati (SGBA) University, Amravati invites application for admission to M.Sc Biotechnology (CBCS) Program for the academic year 2015-2016.
Admission in M.Sc Biotechnology program will be through Online Entrance Test.
Important Dates for SGBAU M.Sc. Biotechnology programme 2015:
|Application form Available from||25th April 2015|
|Last date of Receipt of Application Form at CASU office by post/courier||25th June 2015|
|SGBAU Entrance Exam Date||5th July 2015|
|Date of Result Declaration on Website||7th July 2015|
Eligibility for SGBA University M.Sc. Biotechnology Admission 2015:
- Sc in any discipline of Life Sciences, Biosciences or Bachelor's degree in Agricultural, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or Bachelor of Dental Surgery or equivalent examination recognize by Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University are eligible to appear in entrance test.
- The students must have passed bachelor degree with aggregate of minimum 50% marks.
- For taking admission in M.Sc Sem-I (Biotechnology) students will have to pass entrance examination.
- Applicant will be declared eligible for admission to M.Sc (Biotechnology) course as per the merit list prepared by the Central Admission Committee.
- Candidates will be eligible to take the admission in M.Sc (Biotechnology) course, if they secure at least 45% marks in entrance examination.
The Applicants who is appearing the final year in the respective qualifying examination are eligible for admission and shall also be considered for appearing in the entrance test. But they secure the minimum prescribed percentage of marks in their qualifying degree examination and that they will be required to submit all the documents including final mark sheet of the qualifying examination before the deadline for admission fixed by the Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University.
The total intake capacity shall be 20; out of total intake capacity:
|S. No.||% of Seats||Reserved For|
|1||70%||Reserved for the students of the University|
|2||20%||Students of other Universities and states|
|3||10%||Students from the foreign countries|
Note: The seats reserved for category 2 and 3 above remain vacant, these seats shall be filled in from the students of this university.
SGBA University M.Sc. Biotechnology Exam Pattern 2015:
To take the admission in M.Sc Biotechnology (2 Years degree Course) an entrance exam will be conducted by the university.
The question paper for the entrance exam will be of two hours duration and divided into two parts. The questions in entrance exam will be the objective type and medium of the exam will be English. Each question will carry one mark.
|Part||Level||Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Part B||Bachelor Degree||Chemistry||10|
- In Part A questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology from 10+2 level.
- In Part B questions will be asked from Chemistry and Biology (Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Biotechnology) at bachelor level.
The Entrance Examination will not have any negative marking scheme.
SGBA University M.Sc. Biotechnology Application Fee:
How to apply for SGBA University M.Sc. Biotechnology Admission 2015:
Chairman, Biotech entrance committee
- Candidate can download the application form from the university website
- Fill the form with your details
- Before filling application form please draw a demand draft in favour of "Registrar, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University", payable at Amravati from any nationalized bank OR
- Make payment of the application fee in cash in Amravati University and acquire payment receipt.
- Attach Demand Draft (DD) or Fee receipt (if payment is made in cash) and required documents with application form.
- Send the form in A4 size envelope by Courier/Registered post/by hand to the below mentioned address:
CASU office, Vidyarthi Bhawan
SGB Amravati University
Selection Procedure for SGBA University MSc Biotechnology Admission 2015:
- The selection will depend strictly on the merit of the candidate in the Entrance Exam.
- There shall be no retotalling of marks or revaluation of the answer sheet of the Entrance Exam.
- The eligibility decided through Entrance Exam would be considered for admission during the current academic year only and would not be allowed to be carried forward for the next academic year.
- Discrepancy if any, noted by Applicant, in the provided question set should be reported within 15 minutes after the commencement of the Exam.
- Discrepancy if any, noted by candidate, in the provided question set should be reported within 15 minutes after the commencement of the Examination.
- Merit list of the candidates passed will be displayed on the notice board of Central Administrative Services Unit (CASU)
The Roll number for the Entrance Examination and seating arrangement of candidates appearing for Entrance Examination will be displayed on the notice board of the Central Administrative Services Unit (CASU)and the website https://sites.google.com/a/sgbau.ac.in/biotechentrance-2015/
SGBA University Courses
SGBA University Placemenet Details