Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Shimla invites the application form for 4 Years B.Sc. Nursing course for academic session 2015-16. Admission will be done only through entrance exam.
HPU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2015 will be conducted on 5th July 2015 for admission to B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course for female candidates only in Sister Nivedita Govt. College of Nursing, IGMC Shimla and Private Nursing Colleges/Institutions located in the Himachal Pradesh.
HPU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2015 Important Dates:
|Schedule for filling up online Application Form||6th May 2015 to 5th June 2015|
|Last date for Receipt of Online Application Form||8th June 2015|
|Date of uploading Admit Cards||16th June 2015|
|Date of Entrance Test||5th July 2015 (Sunday)|
|Tentative date of declaration of result||10th July 2015|
|Dates for 1st round of Counselling||4th August 2015 to 8th August 2015|
|Date of 2nd Round of Counselling||22nd August 2015|
HPU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2015 Eligibility Criteria
- Female Children of Bonafide Himachali/Himachal Govt. employees and employees of Autonomous bodies wholly or partially financed by the Himachal Pradesh Government will only be eligible to apply for admission in Sister Nivedita Govt. College of Nursing, IGMC, Shimla and for 50% State Quota Seats in Private un-aided B.Sc. Nursing Colleges/Institutions situated in the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- For filling up of Management Quota Seats in Private un-aided B.Sc. Nursing Colleges in State of Himachal Pradesh, there will be no domicile condition. Under this quota, both Himachali and Non-Hmachali interested candidates can compete in the entrance test subject to fulfillment of minimum educational qualification and age etc.
- The age of candidates should be between 17 to 35 years as on 31st December, 2015. the candidate should be born between 01st January 1981 and 1st January 1999. However, 5% upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates i.e. the candidate must born between 1st January 1976 and 1st January 1999. Age as recorded in the matriculation certificate will be entertained.
- Admission to married candidates will be given/allowed subject to production of medical fitness certificate.
- The candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from H.P. Board of School Education//CBSE/AISSCE/SSCE/ICSE/HSCE or other Board/University established by law in India with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English Core/English Elective subjects with 45% aggregate marks in the above subject(s). 40% aggregate marks for SC/ST and OBC candidates. This provision will also apply to Scheduled Castes/Tribes/Other Backward Classes candidates. The candidate shall be medically fit.
- The candidates who have appeared in 10+2 examination and who are waiting for the result may also apply for this test, but their candidature shall only be considered in case they fulfill the minimum criteria as prescribed in the Prospectus at the time of 1st round of Counselling.
- The candidates who have passed their 10+2 examination from National Institute of Open School or appeared in 10+2 examination Science (Medical) conducted by National Institute of Open School can also apply to this test.
HPU B.Sc. Nursing 2015 Application Fee Structure:
- For General/ OBC & their Sub-Categories : 1400/-
- For SC/ST & their Sub-Categories : 700/-
Click here for HPU B.Sc. Nursing Result & Merit List
Click here for HPU B.Sc. Nursing Application Process
HPU B.Sc. Nursing Admit Card 2015
HPU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam will be held on 5th July 2015. The candidates who have applied for the entrance exam can download the Admit card from the website. The candidate may please note that Admit cards will not be sent by post. The process for downloading the Admit Cards will start from 16th June 2015.
The Admit Card will contain the Roll Number, Candidate Name, Father's Name, Category, Photograph, Date, Time and Venue of Entrance Test.
- The candidate should carefully examine the downloaded Admit Card for all the entries made by him/her.
- In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should immediately inform the University. In such cases, candidates would appear in the examination with the already downloaded Admit Card.
- Candidate will not be allowed to sit in the entrance exam without having a valid Admit Card. The candidates are advised to keep safe their Admit cards in good condition till admission in the B.Sc Nursing course is over.
HPU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Examination Pattern 2015:
The Entrance Test shall consist of one written paper only in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry (including Organic Chemistry), Biology and English (Including General Knowledge/current affairs).
- The question paper will have 100 objective type questions of one mark each.
- The duration of Entrance Test will be 2 hours.
- There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The medium of examination shall be in English and the question will be asked from the following subjects.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Knowledge/Current Affairs||10||10|