Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU), Dehradun invites application for admission to M.Tech /M.Pharm Programs of two years duration in UTU University and various institutions affiliated to university
Important Dates for UTU Dehradun M.Tech/M.Pharm Programs 2015:
|Application Form at University website||27th April 2015|
|Last Date For Receipt of Complete Application||25th May 2015|
|Date of Examination||21st June 2015 (Sunday)|
|Declaration of Result & List of Short-Listed Candidate on website||29th June 2015 (Monday)|
|Last Date for Admission||10th July 2015|
|Date of Second Counseling if Seats Remain Vacant||15th July 2015|
|Commencement of Classes||30th July 2015|
Note: Complete application should be sent in the office of Director Women Institute of Technology, UTU New Campus, Suddhowala and Dehradun.
Course Details and Intake:
Duration of the courses will be of 2 years.
|M.Tech.||Civil Engineering||24 Seats|
|Computer Science Engineering||24 Seats|
|Power System||24 Seats|
|Thermal Engineering||24 Seats|
|VLSI Design||24 Seats|
|Pharmacology & Toxicology||24 Seats|
Eligibility Criteria for UTU Dehradun M.Tech/M.Pharm Programs:
Eligibility for M.Tech Programme
- Candidate must have at least 60% marks in B.Tech for General/OBC candidates and 55% marks for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates having 60% marks and Valid qualified GATE Score for General/OBC and 55% for SC/ST candidates and valid qualified GATE score will be given preference in admission
- Candidates having valid and qualified GATE score are not require appearing in University entrance examination.
- In counseling first seat will be given to the valid GATE score candidate
Eligibility for M.Pharm Programme
- Candidate must have at least 55% marks in B.Pharm for General/OBC candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates having 55% marks and Valid qualified GPAT Score for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ST candidates and valid qualified GPAT score will be given preference in admission
How to Apply for UTU Dehradun M.Tech/M.Pharm Programs 2015:
- Candidate can download the Uttarakhand Technical University entrance exam application form from the UTU website www.uktech.ac.in.
- Fill the Application form in the prescribed format
- And send the application form along with required documents to the Director Women Institute of Technology, UTU New Campus, Suddhowala, Dehradun-248007, Uttarakhand on or before 25th May 205 along with a demand draft of 1500/-(for General and OBC candidate) Rs.800/- (SC/ST candidates) in favour of "Finance Controller" Uttarakhand Technical University,Payable at Dehradun.
- Incomplete application will be rejected
- No TA/DA will be admissible to be the candidates called for the entrance examination/ counseling
- The decision of University for the selection of candidates shall be final
- Self-attested photocopies of certificate in support of education, GATE/GPAT score and category & sub-category certificates etc. should be sent along with the application
Selection Procedure for UTU Dehradun M.Tech/M.Pharm Programs:
The admission to M.Tech /M.Pharma programme shall be based on the merit based on entrance exam and valid GATE/GPAT score.
- Counseling will be held on 05th July, 2015 and venue will be intimated on the university website
- For seats available after counselling of valid GATE/GPAT score holders the admission will be based on the merit of Entrance Examination conducted by UTU.
- Separate merit list will be prepared for the GATE/GPAT candidates and University Entrance exam attempted candidates before calling for the interview.
- Both the list will be published on the university website (www.uktech.ac.in) on 29th June 2015.
- The number of seats in various programes may change
Centre for Exam: Uttarakhand Technical University Entrance Exam 2015 for M.Tech/M.Pharm will be held at Dehradun Venue will be intimated on website www.uktech.ac.in
Admit Card for M.Tech/M.Pharm Entrance Exam 2015
- Admit Card for M.Tech/M.Pharm Entrance Examination (should be filled by the candidate).
- Admit cards will not be dispatched by post it can only be collected from the entrance exam centre on the day of exam.
Syllabus: The Syllabus for entrance test will be same as of GATE/GPAT 2015
UTU Dehradun M.Tech/M.Pharm Exam Pattern:
The examination duration will be of 2 hours and the question will be of objective type. The medium of the question paper will be in English.
The question paper for M.Tech will consist of two section section-I will have 30 objective type questions from general Engineering Science and section-II will have 70 questions from the subject in which candidates wants to take admission.
|Paper I|| Aptitude test for M.Tech|| 100 objective type questions||500 marks|
|Paper II||Aptitude test for M.Pharm|| 100 objective type questions||500 marks|
In case two or more candidates secure equal marks, inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be determined as follows:
- Firstly, by the number of incorrect answer given. A candidate giving lesser number of incorrect answers will be placed at higher merit.
- Secondly by B.Tech/B.Pharma % merit will be decided
UTU Dehradun M.Tech/M.Pharm Admission 2015 Counselling Process:
Counselling will be done at Dehradun and the details of counselling along with the list of candidates eligible for counselling will be provided on website www.uktech.ac.in.
- The candidates called for counseling will be required to come with original certificates of qualification
- Verification of original documents would be done at the time of counseling at the counseling centre
- The initial fee of 10000/- will be deposited at counseling centre in the form of Bank draft.
- In addition to initial fee the candidate called for counseling is to deposit a separate bank draft of Rs.1000/- as counseling fee .The counseling fee is non-refundable.
- After first counseling, the second counseling will be conducted for filling the vacant seats.
- All the Bank Drafts must be prepared separately and drawn in favour of "Finance
- Controller",Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun.
The candidates must bring the following documents, in original along with one set of photocopies at the time of counselling.
- High School Certificate
- Mark sheets of qualifying examination
- GATE/GPAT score card If applicable
- Category and subcategory certificate(s), if applicable.
- Passport size photo. (2 Nos.)
- Domicile Certificate
- Medical Certificate/Undertaking
Click here for Courses
Click here for Fee Detaisl