Applications are invited for admission to M. Sc. Five years (10 semesters) integrated degree programmes offered by the Anna University, Chennai.
Last Date: June 08, 2015(Monday)
- Sc. (Computer Science) /M. Sc. (Information Technology)
- Sc. (Electronic Media)
Eligibility for Anna University M.Sc. (Five Years Integrated) Admission 2015:
- M.Sc. (Computer Science) / M.Sc. (Information Technology)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 in the first appearance with Physics, chemistry and Mathematics
- Candidate must have secured minimum average mark of 50% marks (for general), 45% marks (for BC, BC (Muslim)) and 40% marks (for MBC & DNC and SC/SCA/ST) category.
- The average mark refers to the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
- M.Sc. (Electronic Media)
Candidates should have passed 10+2 or any other Examination of any University (or) authority accepted by the Syndicate of the Anna University, as equivalent there to.
The candidate should not have completed 21 years of age as on July 01, 2015 for the above programmes. For candidates belonging to SC/SCA/ST, the age is relaxable by 3 years.
Note: Candidates appeared for the Qualifying Examination in March / April 2015 may also apply for admission.
Application Process for Anna University M.Sc. (Five Years Integrated) Admission 2015:
Candidates desirous of applying for (1) M.Sc. (Computer Science) / M.Sc. (Information Technology) and (2) M.Sc. (Electronic Media) should submit separate application for each programme.
- Fill up the details required in the application form through university website
- Upload a recently taken photograph in the space provided
- Download the application form
- Download the Application cover page (A4 size) and paste it on A4 size cover for sending the application.
- Enclose the documents
- D. for Rs. 700/- for General category and Rs. 350/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu).
- DD should be drawn in favour of "The Director Centre for Admissions, Anna University, Chennai", payable at Chennai, obtained from any Nationalized Bank drawn on or after May 24, 2015.
- All the above documents should be kept inside an A4 size cover and send it to "The
Director, Centre for Admissions, Anna University, Chennai -600 025".
Documents to be enclosed Along with the Filled-In Application
- Self-addressed stamped post card of Rs. 6/- for Acknowledgement.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope of Rs. 20/- within Chennai city and Rs. 40/- for other cities for Counselling call letter. Self-attested photo copies of the following documents:
- X Mark Sheet
- XII or H. Sc. or Equivalent Exam Mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM (either Permanent card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate)
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate issued by the District Medical Board for Differently abled person (if applicable)
Merit List for Anna University M.Sc. (Five Years Integrated) Admission 2015:
- Merit List for M.Sc. (Computer Science) / M. Sc. (Information Technology):
- A merit list will be prepared based on the aggregate marks obtained for 300 (Maths-100; Physics-100; Chemistry-100).
- In cases where more than one candidate have got the same mark in the common merit list the inter-se merit among such candidates shall be determined in the order of priority as specified below.
(a) Percentage of marks in Mathematics, (b) Percentage of marks in Physics, (c) Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject and (d) Date of Birth.
- Merit List for M.Sc. (Electronic Media):
- A merit list will be prepared based on the percentage of marks obtained in the
- In cases where more than one candidate got the same mark in the common merit list the inter-se merit among such candidates shall be determined in the order of priority as specified below
(a) Percentage of overall total marks and (b) Date of Birth
Counselling for Anna University M.Sc. (Five Years Integrated) Admission 2015:
- Candidates will be allotted seats through counseling
- Candidates should attend counselling at their own cost with all original certificates. If allotment is given, the fees must be paid.
- The provisional rank list will be published in Anna University website www.annauniv.edu.
- Candidates who do not attend counselling on the prescribed date and time cannot claim any right for admission at a later date and their names will be removed from the merit list
- Rank list, counselling schedule and the format of "Intimation of Counselling" containing details about counselling will be published in Anna University website: http://www.annauniv.edu before the commencement of counselling.