Wonderful social life we had enjoyed at PEC. We had over 10 offical clubs and societies, and more than a dozen unofficial societies. We had PEC Fest, Tech Fest, other regular events, we had a happening sector 11 market of chandigarh just a few walks away from our hostels. natural chandigarh beauty with lively environment. In total, I enjoyed my days at PEC, and I miss those wonderful days.
College Management is excellent one of the best Engineering College in India. Backs good ranks in surveys.
Being an alumni, i would say that the college is an awesome amalgamation of academics and fun though 100% perfection is not possible, but i would say that being associated with pec gave me the best moments of my life.
Every college makes an unforgettable impression to its students and PEC has a good reputation among its alumni. I have seen a lot of Ups and Downs in the 4 years of my college life but overall, I have a very positive impression of my college in my mind. Big plus to Campus life, Clubs, Fests, Sports, Hostel Life and few negatives to Century old buildings and curriculum, Lazy faculties and Non-decisive management.
Its a govt college. Every process takes 10x time. College needs to fund student projects and needs to encourage them more.
PEC University of Technology, is one the pioneer engineering college in Punjab, affiliated to Punjab University, Lahore in 1931. The college is situated in Chandigarh, Sector 12 and is almost 9 Km away from the Chandigarh Railway station and 5 Km from the main Bus Stand.
No. of Companies who visited the campus: 69
No. of Students Placed through Campus Recruitment: 377
Library: Central Library has a collection of 1,19,830 volumes comprising of books, standards, theses, bound volume of journals pertaining to physical sciences, engineering and technology, computer and information technology, social sciences and management.
Hostels:University has separate hostel for boys and girls. There are 6 hostels out of which 4 hostels are for boys and 2 for girls.
Festival: PECfest- It is an annual cultural fest, usually held in November.
Magazine: PECMAG- it is institute’s magazine that is published once a year, consists of technical and literary articles contributed by students. It also contains memoranda for final year students.
1. Eight gold plated medals are awarded to the students who stand first in the B.E. Final Examination of Aerospace, Civil, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical, Electronics and Communication, Mechanical, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering and Production & Industrial Engineering respectively.
2. Nine students who stand first in major project / project II in the 8th semester Examination, are awarded eight silver plated medals
3. At the time of annual convocation, Administrator’s Gold Medal is awarded to a BE graduate on the basis of his / her overall outstanding performance in the curricular activities
4. Gold Medal is awarded for the best sportsperson to a BE graduate
5. Kalpana Chawla Memorial award, instituted by the Chandigarh Administration in the memory of Dr. Kalpana Chawla, is given to the student standing first in the BE Aerospace Engineering and a cash prize of Rs. 25,000 as appreciation