The Indian Institute of Management in Raipur is located in Raipur in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh. The best way to get to the university would be to make use of the bus services in the town. It was in the year 2010 that the Indian Institute of Management in Raipur came into existence.
- It was founded with the assistance of the state Government of Chhattisgarh and it was the Chief Minister of the State, Raman Singh who inaugurated the university on the 11th of October in the year 2010. There are two campuses of the university.
- The first campus is situated in the older part of Raipur and in the new campus is being built in the newer part of Raipur. Faculty members are mostly recruited from universities abroad.
- The festivals that are held by the institute on an annual basis are known to provide students and teachers of the IIM Raipur with an excellent opportunity to exchange knowledge with their counterparts in other parts of the country.
- The institute boasts of a rich faculty and student body and it has earned an excellent reputation for itself ever since its inception in 2010.
- International exchange programs are an important part of the educational procedures and both teachers as well as students of the institute get the opportunity to visit business schools abroad and get to know about the latest innovations that are taking place in the study and research of business management issues.
Centre of Excellence
IIM Raipur is planning to establish centres of excellence in the fields of:
- Centre of Health Management
- Centre of Energy Management
- Centre of Supply Chain Management
- Centre of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Indian Institute of Management Raipur provides excellent placement in various areas. A total of 109 companies showed interest in the final placement process in 2014.
Total No. of students eligible for placements
No. of companies offered placements
Total International Profiles Offered
Highest International CTC Offered
Highest Domestic CTC Offered
Average CTC Offered
Sector wise Split up of Recruiters
Percentage of Recruiters
Analytics & Research
Energy & Power
Engineering & Manufacturing
Media & Entertainment
Retail & FMCG
IIMR has formed variety of clubs to indulge students into extra activities apart from studies. These clubs are as follows:
- Marketing Club: The Marketing Club ‘Mantra’ plays the role of igniting the marketing instincts of the students and aims to emerge as the centre for creative thinking and innovation in marketing
- Quizzing Club: The Quizzing Club at IIM Raipur organizes quizzes every week from topics ranging to sports, trivia, business, literature, entertainment, logos etc.
- KARTAVYA Club: It is IIM Raipur's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) club
- CUSP Club: It is the convergence of the cultural and sports clubs of the institute
- Finance Club: The Finance club 'Finatix' arranges speaker sessions and workshops and conducts quizzes, guest lectures, releasing newsletters and organizes guest lectures
The Library is one of the critical resources during MBA and is being expanded constantly to become a reservoir of knowledge for the coming batches.
- The present library already has over 10,000 books. Apart from books, the library has subscribed to the leading periodicals, research magazines and business magazines of note
- The Library also provides access to several key Online Databases like EBSCO, Emerald, Econlit, ProQuest, Capitaline, Business Beacon, CMIE, CRISIL, Euromonitor, Huddle, Industry Analysis Services, Prowess, and Science Direct amongst others
- Library is attached with an air conditioned reading hall which has a seating capacity of 80
The institute provides twin sharing accommodation to students with separate areas of residence for Males and Females. The room contains 2 sets of Bed, Mattress, Almirah, Chair, Study Table and Cabinet.
- Fully furnished separate hostel for boys and girls
- The hostels are wi-fi enabled
The Institute is Wi-Fi and LAN enabled (1 GBPS high-speed Internet) with connectivity provided by NKN (National Knowledge Network). The Institute has Video Conferencing facilities on the campus itself and is used actively during recruitment process and a newly incorporated computer lab as well.
- Equinox: Equinox is the Annual National Level Business and Cultural Fest of IIM Raipur
- Convocation 2013.