Auro University is a private state university located in Surat, Gujarat. The university has got the UGC approval to facilitate the degree programs in 2011. Auro University provides education in management and science.
- It was founded by the Gujarat Act No. 25 of October 2011. It has been developed and promoted by the JHM group of hotels which has earned a reputation of excellence for itself over the last three decades in building infrastructure of a high standard in various parts of Surat.
- The University has several tie ups with well-known firms and financial institutions so as to be able to provide its students with a hands on learning experience.
- Some of the well-known faculties at the University include the Faculty for Information Technology and the faculty for Hospitality. Indeed the provision of these two faculties goes to show the versatile nature of education given at the university.
- In addition to its permanent faculty members, the University also invites visiting scholars from around the world to come and enlighten its students on the state of art methods and techniques in scientific and management studies.
- Auro Unioversity takes students on the ‘Global Exposure Tour’ in which they visit New York Stock Exchange and/or the United Nations World HQ, conduct Two days seminar at University of Massachusetts and at JHM Hotels with operations and marketing teams
Schools: schools of learning at the University include-
- School of Management and Entrepreneurship
- School of Hospitality
- School of Information Technology
- School of Law
Resource Center: Both print and e resources are made available to enhance the learning procedures for students at Auro University. Some of the special facilities which can be accessed at the resource center include-
- A separate library for books and journals on law and law making.
- A separate room in which internet can be accessed via wireless mediums.
- Periodicals Section which has 88 national as well as international periodicals most of which are devoted to hospital and management studies. Some of them are devoted to spiritual studies and learning as well.
- Rooms dedicated primarily for group discussions. These are places where students can discuss with one another as well as with their teachers ideas for upcoming research projects or for seminars that are to be held at the university and hosted by their respective faculties.
Recreational Infrastructure: A large variety of cultural, social, athletic and academic clubs and societies are available to AURO students-
- Athletics/Sports Club
- Debating Society
- Professional Club
- Aadhar - ESR Club
- Adventure Club etc.
Scholarship: The University offers scholarships and financial aids to meritorious students enrolled in the different degree programs of the university.
- For a B.SC in Hospitality Management or a B.B.A financial aid is provided who have managed to score over 60% but less than 75% in their boards. Scholarships are provided for those who have secured above 85% in their board examinations. They need to pay 25% less of the tuition fee.
- For pursuing an MBA or master’s degree in business administration, financial aid is provided to those who have scored above 50% in their graduation. The aid entails a 15% waiver on the tuition fee amount.