Ranchi University started to be live from 12th July in the year of 1960 in form of a showing cum-affiliating school with central command in the city of Ranchi. Contemporarily, the University segregated at five regions of Jharkhand. Ranchi University is going well successfully for the perpetually expanding requests of higher instruction. Keeping a pace with evolving moments, the prime University today offers professional courses.
- In 1992, Ranchi University was bifurcated to make Vinoba Bhave University, diminishing its area by almost half.
- Post formation of Jharkhand on November 15, 2000, the state government has chosen to fabricate another capital, which will be known as Greater Ranchi. Ranchi University will discover a position of pride in the new capital territory.
- Delegate Prime Minister L. K. Advani established the framework stone of the new college grounds on November 15, 2002 when the state praised its second establishment day.
- In 2009 Ranchi University was separated twice in January to make Nilambar Pitambar University,at Medininagar, and in August 2009 to make Kolhan University,at Chaibasa.
- At present, the University compasses five areas of Jharkhand, namely, Ranchi, Gumla, Khunti, Simdega and Loharda
- The new campus, spread over 729 acres, will have current study focuses, CD library racks, cutting edge research centres, playing grounds with the most recent supplies, social focuses, and so forth.
- For the underprivileged understudies hailing from the booked tribes or planned stations, uncommon drilling classes are locked in to get ready them for focused examinations.
- The syllabi for standard courses in science, humanities and business excessively have been overhauled to meet the prerequisites of University Grants Commission.
- In games and social exercises excessively the University has cut a corner for itself.
- It has made its presence felt at the all India level in cricket, hockey, football, and sports.
- Department of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Engineering
- Department of Education
- Department of Law
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Science
The University has an independent Training & placement Cell devoted to cater the needs of the organizations in conducting campus interviews for placements.
Name of Company
Total No. of Placed Students in 2012
Country Club Ltd.
S. S. Solution Integrates
Info Soft Tech
Bajaj Capital Limited
Apollo Tyres ltd.
IBM Global Process Services
L & T Construction Ltd.
- National Cadet Corps: The NCC is available in the 19 colleges of this university. 3610 cadets are enrolled under this NCC. They do their particulars under the supervision of the 18 supervisor
- National Service Scheme
The University provides so many facilities to their students. The different facilities are explained underneath.
- There are two hostels available in the university
- One is for the boys’ and another is for the girls
- The boys’ hostel is situated at Mohabadi and the girls’ hostel is situated at the Bariatu.
- The central library is well organized
- The library is consists of 90,000 text books, 350 Ph.D theses, 10,000 reference books
- The INFLIBNET facility is connected with the university
- Online access to more than 4200 international and national journals
- Inter University East Zone Youth Festival
- Ranchi College Women Volleyball team is the champion in the R.U. Inter-College Women’s Volleyball tournament
- The Academic Staff College under the University has been awarded 23rd rank by NAAC
- The India Today - Neilsen survey for the year 2012 has placed Ranchi University at 36th position in the list of top - 50 Universities of India. The rank has improved by 7 places as compared to the rank of 2011 and the University is at the second place among the top - 5 gainers
- The Europe Business Assembly, Oxford, U.K. has nominated Ranchi University as The Best Regional University for the year 2013
- This year the University has been awarded AA+ category among State Universities in India by Career 360 Evaluation
- ST students get a scholarship known as Rajiv Gandhi National Scholarship
- The total number of students availing this scholarship is 37
- A NRI sponsored scholarship known as Shusma Rani Memorial Scholarship is also available for the students