After spending 1 year in LPU all i can say is that LPU gives all the opportunities which a student is required for developing himself. Everything about LPU is good and average except its hostel mess food which is more then worse.
Management between cultural division and academic division is not synchronized. When a celebrity comes we are attending classes. Means you can't get both perks at same time.
i have mentioned all the things above and apart from it nothing.
The good points of college are 1:Good Environment 2:Best place to explore 3:Diversified Campus.Bad:1:The Collage is big and it is very bad to walk form one end to another 2:Waste Rules.
The college was amazing . However the mess food should be taken care of.. the rest is awesome
Lovely Professional University is an institution of learning, growth and excellence which encourages young minds to ‘think BIG and thereby take the first step towards achieving greatness.
With a belief that ‘the deeper the roots, the more prolific the branches’, we at LPU emphasise on the revival, deepening and expansion of values of students as they walk the path to victory.
At LPU, education is a process of stimulating and awakening students from the very core of their being, enabling them to unlock and develop the power within them to create value. For this, ‘The Passion to Win’ is key.
LPU is the largest university in the country in terms of number of students on a single campus. With a high-tech campus, 3500 faculty and staff, innovative curricula and pedagogy, the university seeks to develop leaders who make a difference globally. The LPU alumni are excelling in their careers at global super brands like Apple, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo and many more.
LPU has been designed to be a self-sufficient University township. Every desirable amenity is available on the campus. From a shopping mall to a hotel, gymnasium, hospital, banks and Western Union, every ease is within reach.
The infrastructure/facilities at LPU include:
a. Completely Wi-Fi enabled campus with 1300+ access points, supported on the latest technology from RUCKUS, CISCO and ARUBA Networks.
b. Dedicated iMAC Lab for teaching latest technologies on iPhone and iPad development.
c. Live Streaming solution from Elite Core for telecast of events, functions in the campus.
d. Robust Core Switch networking implemented and maintained by Networking Giant “Nortel”
e. 24-hour power back-up through 1000 KVA of online uninterrupted power supply (UPS)
f. Uni Mall and 150 eating joints at 40 different locations.
g. Elevator, 50 ATM and 5 banks, Parking facility, Post Office within the campus.
h. Hospital (in campus) with resident doctors and ambulances
i. Guest Room facility for parents
j. Counsellors for discussing issues like homesickness, studies etc.
k. Hygienic vegetarian meals with variety of cuisines (Indian, South India, Continental)
l. 24-hour security, turnstile access to residential areas for ensuring safety
m. Study room, TV room, Saloon, Photocopy Machines, Cafeteria, Wending Machine (soft drinks) and Lifts facility, Departmental Store for daily needs
n. An air-conditioned Central Library housed in a nine storey building and 10 other dedicated departmental libraries.
INTERNATIONAL TIES UPS AND RELATIONS:
LPU is working with a lot of universities across the globe. There are collaborations with universities in US, UK, Canada, Australia, Spain, Kuroshia, Poland and many more. The major purpose of the tie-up is student exchange, faculty exchange, Joint education programmes. Few of the partner universities of LPU are:
Iowa State University,
Northern Illinois University
Edinburgh Napier University
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Unitec Institute of Technology Auckland
University of Business and International Studies
Kyungpook National University
Universidad Europea De Madrid
LPU has tie-ups with student exchange bodies like ISEP and AIESEC. LPU is the only university in India which has tie-ups with student exchange body, ISEP through which LPU students get the opportunity to study abroad – a semester to year-long programmes in 40+ countries. LPU also works with AIESEC to provide global exposure to its students through Internship opportunities.
AWARDS & RANKINGS:
Following are the awards and rankings given to LPU:
a) Ranked as 1st in Top 50 private B-Schools in terms of Infrastructure by Careerlinks in 2016.
b) Awarded as the Best University for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in India by Assocham in 2016.
c) Ranked as 16th in Top 20 B-School North by Career Connect in 2016.
d) Ranked among Top 10 Engineering Institutes in India by India Today in 2016.
e) Ranked among the Top 100 management Schools by Outlook in 2016.
f) Received 7th Elets Award (World Education Summit) for Innovation in Open and Distance Learning in 2016.
g) Ranked as 2nd in Top 20 Private Universities in India 2016 by Silicon India in 2016.
h) Ranked as 5th In Top 20 Engineering Colleges in India with Excellent Industry Exposure by Higher Education in 2016.
i) Ranked 6th in Top 10 Indian Universities by Career 360 – Socio Versity Special in 2015.
j) Ranked 1st in Top 20 Universities in India based on International Ties-ups by Careerlinks in 2015.
k) Ranked AAA+ in Private institutes among Best B-schools in North India by Digital Learning in 2015.
l) Ranked 4th in Top Private Universities of India by The WEEK in 2014.
m) Ranked among Top 100 Engineering Colleges of India by Outlook in 2014.
• 250 Offers Made on Day 1 by Tech Mahindra
• LPU set a new record on Day 1 by placing 610 students in 2015 and 550 students in 2016. This is a record for any university in North India!
• Hyatt Selects Students @ 15 Lakhs Package
• Ritz Carlton & Qatar Airways offered dream package of over 20.5 lakhs per annum
• Practo, one of India's leading start-up brands, selected 28 LPU students at 6.5 Lakhs Packages.
• International Companies like Hyatt (USA), Ritz Carlton (USA), Adani Wilmar (Africa), Altruist (Africa), Al-Rakha (Dubai), Dharam Consultancy (USA) selected LPU students for International locations
• HM students of LPU got placed with some of the reputed National and International brands like Hyatt, Oberoi's, Leela, Marriott, Grand Hayatt, Zuri and many more
• Top corporate like Verizon, Gemalto, Josh Technology, Asian Paints, Berger, LG Soft, Tavant, Gemalto, selected LPU student at package of Rs 4.5 Lac above
• Air India, India's oldest aviation brand, selected LPU's hotel management students at a CTC of 8.5 Lakhs.
• Top nationals and multiationals like Cognizant, Tech Mahindra, iGate, ITC Infotech, Amdocs, Atos, Mphasis, Unisys, AON Hewitt, MAQ, CSS Corp, HCL and many more, have shown trust in LPU and recruited our students for PAN India operations
• MBA students got placed with world's best corporates. Some of the leading recruiters are Practo, Think and Learn, Colgate Pamolive, Bajaj Electrical, Redington, MRF, Bridgestone, Wipro CCLG, Canara Bank, Madura F&L, Axis Bank, ICICI Securities, RBS, WNS, Ocwen Financial Services etc
• LPU sets a new record in north india by placing maximum number of eligible students in Engineering i.e. 86% in 2014-2015 passout batch and over 80% in 2015-2016 batch, so far. (Till March End)
• Top 2 Ship Management Companies recruited LPU Students : Anglo-Eastern (India's number 1) and Executive Ship Management Company (2nd biggest ship management company) recruited 65+ Mechanical and Electrical students from LPU.