Professor and Head, Department of Biological Sciences
Associate Professor and Head, Department of Chemical Engineering
Associate Professor and Head, Department of Chemistry
Associate Professor and Head, Department of Civil Engineering
Professor and Head, Department of Computer Science & Information Systems
Associate Professor and Head, Department of Economics & Finance
Associate Professor and Head, Department of Electrical & Electronics
Associate Professor and Head, Department of Mathematics
Professor and Head, Department of Management
Research is an integral and important part of any higher education system. BITS Pilani, actively promotes research among its staff and students. In addition to basic research, which is the backbone of any applied research, the Institute also gives adequate importance and support to applied research. Research at BITS relies on the motivated intellectual manpower pool available among its staff and students. Students undertake research projects as a component of their education programme itself. Teachers conduct research as an integral part of their responsibilities since this enables them to assimilate and disseminate the knowledge as well as generate new knowledge.
BITS has some unique techniques to design time table which linked faculty and students. Students were allowed to choose the time and faculty for a given subject based on their schedule and comfort level instead of having a fixed class and fixed set of faculties.
The Management is very conservative. There have been cases of the senior professors beating up the students at the campus which is pathetic.
Faculty in bits pilani is highly qualified and and they are very research oriented. They encourage students to of research and learn in depth of the course along with teaching they carry on their own research work. Faculty teach with help of all teaching aids and encourage students to read and write research papers and teach with respect to all further competitive exams.
Again, the faculty was a lot of learned people with great education backgrounds. Hardly there were any professors that we could doubt were not worthy enough to be teaching at BITS. I would rate the quality of faculty at BITS even higher than most of the IITs.
In terms of punctuality, every faculty member is very punctual. For 80 % of the faculty members you will find their lectures boring and will skip their lectures. this is the scenario for every college in India including IITs. The rest 20% are good and you can learn a lot from them. The level of paper will be good. If you are scoring 50-60% marks in Physics then you are topper of the subject. The average will be around 30-35% marks.
The faculty of my college is great.We have some of best lecturers and tutors in India. Most of the faculty are Phd from the most renowned colleges in the world. Even the Phd students of our college seem very intellegent. Overall, i can say that each department in bits pilani has very good faculty with deep concepts and properly reproducable.
Faculty's are very good knowledgeable person. Every one is doing research in each areas. They are also continuously learning from us whoever they meet especially from the industrial back grounds. Most of them are doing research activities all the time.
Most of the faculty were IIT/BITS grads or had done prior research abroad. The faculty knew what was best for the students but in no way imposed restrictions to tread a certain path. They were approachable to the extent that one could just give them a call and go to the faculty quarters and get the doubt clarified. The classes most of the times were engaging.
The faculty is one of the best in the country, we have very friendly faculty who are all Phd's and more keen is given to research. There is strong bond between faculty and students. In BITS we have freedom to choose our own faculty as per course.