India aims at creating more and more opportunities to its young generation to flourish in the field of management and business. And to achieve this, the Government of India has established many management institutes in different parts of the country so that the students can take admissions and fulfill their goals by contributing to the development of the country. The Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur is a result of such aims and initiative of the government.
- The IIMU was established in the year 2011 along with six other IIMs all over the country by the Government of India.
- Currently, the institute is managed from the Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU) in Udaipur at the Polymer Science Building.
- Its new campus is in the process of completing which is being built in a huge 253 acre area in the Balicha region of Udaipur in Rajasthan.
- Students could get themselves enrolled in the institute by appearing in the Common Admission Test (CAT).
- The institute looks to prepare a curriculum that is relevant to the national and global business strategies and that would prepare the students to compete at the highest level
- One of the foremost aims of the institute is to produce intellectuals who can take India at the peak of management arena in the international forum.
- The institute also is known for providing exceptional facilities to the students and teachers
- It tends to focus its attention more towards research and development areas which would strengthen the mental ability of the students and also sharpen their knowledge and understanding of the present market demands.
The institute offers courses that are in line with the current trend of the markets at regional and national as well as global level. The programs have been structured in such a way as to make the students have a clear understanding of what their aim and focus should be. The programs are as:
- Post Graduate Program under which comes the Global Supply Chain Management program also
- Management Development Program
- Summer Program for Future Leaders in Management
The Indian Institute of Management-Udaipur focuses more on the research areas as it has been well realized that more and more research would help the students to equip themselves for future. Some of the research projects that have been undertaken by the institute are:
- Impact of IFRS adoption on Financial Statements
- Chai garam: An Ethnographic Inquiry into Unorganized Retailing in Eastern India
- An Efficient Model for Post Hoc Segmentation in B2B Markets
- Study of masking Effect of Nonparametric Precedence type charts and Possible Remedies for Process Control Charts
- Impact of Indian Social Policies to Reduce Poverty and to Mitigate Social Exclusion and many such research works have been undertaken
The first batch of students from IIM Udaipur graduated in 2013. This bunch of illustrious young managers is hungry to prove their mettle. The final placements are an avenue for companies to gauge the students’ skills, abilities and fit in their organization for a long term relationship.
No of Offers accepted
Information Technology (IT)
Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
Consumer Goods (FMCG)
Heavy Electrical Equipment
Others (Education, Travel & Tourism and Energy Solutions)
The institute engages its students to a number of activities other than academic like social and cultural activities.
- The institute has a student’s social group named as Prayatna which is involved in various social activities like giving assistance to the rural population of Rajasthan by understanding their issues
- IRIS is the photography club created by the students of the institute
- LakeSiders: the sports club
- Potpourri: this club organizes events like quizzing, debate and other literary activities
Some other co-curricular activities that are being held all through the year include:
- Blood Donation camp
- Campus Connect
- Tree Plantation Drive
- Fundraiser and so on
Great many facilities could be availed by the students at the IIMU helping them to concentrate on their studies.
- The IIM Udaipur library is rich in knowledge resources predominantly related to management, its various disciplines and other allied subjects. These resources can be accessed as physical books or CDs/DVDs and also as e-resources over the Institute's Intranet.
- Users can access these resources online and can find out the real-time availability of library materials from their desktops.
- The IIMU library offers a wide range of information services set to the highest professional standards. It includes subscriptions to renowned journals, access to databases of market data and collections of journals. The IIM Udaipur library has an e-book collection of 70000+.
- The IIMU library is NASSCOM, INFLIBNET and INDEST
There are good accommodation facilities available for the students in the campus.
- Separate hostels have been allotted to girls and boys
- The hostels are equipped with facilities like recreation rooms, common room, TVs, facilities for indoor games etc.
- A mess is also there that provides quality and hygienic food to the students.
Festivals at the IIMU are organized all through the year and students actively participate in all of them. Some festivals that are celebrated are:
- Arth Samvaad: a flagship event
- Open-Outcry: an intra-institute event
- Satan’s Trifecta: the fresher’s welcoming event
- LeapDay Lit Fest