Dayalbagh Educational Institution (DEI) came into existence in 1973 as a registered body and in 1975. It got recognitions from the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh as also from the UGC.
- Its founding stone was laid in 1917 under the name Radhasoami Educational Institute by Sir Anand Sarup.
- The Ministry of Education and Culture of the Department of Education also gave the university its approval.
- 16th May, 1981 was a significant day for this institution as the Government of India declared it as a Deemed University under Section 3 of the UGC Act of 1956.
- It has also been granted the Membership of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- The prime objective of this institution is the development of a ‘complete man’
- The basic organizational elements of the institution are student’s participation, remedial teaching, and interface for learning, and access to field experience, training and motivation of staff and so on.
- It boasts of a location which is surrounded with nature’s beauty and serenity abounds the campus providing just the ideal atmosphere for the students to study.
- The campus life is disciplined, principles are followed strictly and all aspects of a pupil’s life from social to moral to spiritual are given a great nurturing.
- The university takes pride in having highest level of services and facilities like central library, hostels, sports facilities etc.
- DEI proudly houses a great faculty in its campus imparting stupendous amount of knowledge and highest standard of education.
Awards or Special attainments:
- ET NOW National Education Leadership Award 2013.
- TATA RAO MEDAL for best paper in year 2000 “Load Forecasting Using Neural Network”, published in Institution of Engineers India.
- Best paper award for year 2000 by Indian Institute of Metals, India
- REI Diamond Jubilee Memorial Lecture
- QANSAS – 2013
- CONVOCATION - 2013
- Power Systems,
- HVDC Transmission,
- Educational Paradigms,
- Fuzzy Logic System,
- Computational Neuroscience,
- Independent Component Analysis & Blind Source Separation,
- Expert Systems,
- Deregulated Power System,
- Data Mining,
- Neural Networks,
- Image Processing
Conferences and Workshops Organized:
- Signal Processing applications in Music
- Coordinator(2002) Power Sector Reforms Technical and Financial
- Coordinator(2000) Power Sector Restructuring Conference Cum Workshop
- Co-ordinator(1997)Reliability Availability and Maintainability SERC(DST) Winter school cum Workshops
- Co-Coordinator, (1995) National workshop on Globalization of Indian Economy: Impact on Current Industrial Scenario.
- Co-Coordinator, (1995) Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp.
- Village Adoption for Rural Reconstruction and
- Adult and Continuing Education Program
- Grow-more-food campaign
- Campus Improvement
- Sanitation Drive
- Teaching child-care to mothers and so on
- Also, the students are involved in many cultural activities which helps them to be matured and learn leadership qualities
- Sports activities are also a part of the student’s extracurricular activities
- The DEI has a central library having over 1, 60000 books on diverse subjects, 180 journals of national and international standard
- Magazines, periodicals and newspapers also are available in numbers
- The library has a fine assortment of Encyclopedia Britannica, Americana, Specific Subject Encyclopedia, Year Books Atlases and many more.
â€‹Hostels: For the convenience of the students, the institute houses a number of hostels which have been equipped with all the basic requirements.
- Both girls and boys are given separate hostels to accommodate
- Limited seats are available in the hostel and accommodations are given on certain basis.
- The mess serves only vegetarian food
- Hostellers are strictly prohibited from consuming any kind of alcoholic beverages, drugs etc.
- Strict discipline is maintained to keep the hostel environment ideal for the students to study.