The Indian Institute of Management Kashipur is one of the top business schools in India. IIM Kashipur's location at the foothills of the Himalayas is unique in its beauty and serenity. The institute is set up with the objective of providing quality management education while sensitizing students towards the needs of the society.
- It is 13th Indian Institute of Management (IIM) situated at Kashipur in the State of Uttarakhand.
- It was in the year 2011 that the foundation stone for the Indian Institute of Management in Kashipur was laid down by the Human Resource Minister Mr. Kapil Sibal.
- IM Kashipur commenced operations under the mentorship of IIM Lucknow
- The institute offers Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM), a two year full time residential programme.
- The Institute has been since then seeking to create a reputation of excellence.
- It’s mission to drive academic excellence using innovative teaching methods, promote research, and practice of sustainable leadership
- The University has a massive campus area that houses at least three to four buildings and sporting and cultural activities are an important part of educational life as is the curriculum centered on research and management and business studies
Year 2014 final placement season witnessed 27 esteemed companies taking part in our placement process and offering 40 offers for 38 students.
Section wise Placement Record of 2014
No. of Offer accepted
Sales & Marketing
Operations / Supply Chain
Sector Wise Placement
No. of Offer accepted
IT / ITes
IIM Kashipur has several clubs and a student can be a member of more than one of them, depending on the ones that appeal to his or her sensibilities.
- Literary Club: Book lovers, bloggers and writers can find solace by joining this club that promotes literary activities such as poetry recital, book reviews, literature quizzes etc. A large online and offline library is on offer that allows students to share books with each other. The club is also in charge of bringing out the first ever year book of the 2012-14 batch.
- Consilium: Consulting and Strategy club- The club aims to form strong bonds between B-schools, Corporations and Indian MBA students in order to help them groom for a career in consulting.
- Finance Club: The club is involved with honing the financial acumen of students much ahead of their curriculum through events, quizzes etc.
- OnYourMark: Marketing Club- The marketing club aims to engage students interested in marketing in tackling real life situations through events, speeches and talks.
- OSM Club: The operations and supply management club aims to train students in the field of operations research, supply chain management etc. It helps students prepare for real life situations through working with the 180 different industries present around IIM Kashipur through live projects etc.
- Quiz Club
- Social Responsibility Forum
An excellent library set up is something students can definitely make use of while studying at the Indian Institute of Management. This is a digital library that can be accessed online at any given time of the day. A user name and pass word is provided for the benefit of students which they can use in order to log into the online catalogue.
- Currently the library takes pride in its collection of around 55 periodicals and journals, and 4500 books. The institute also has subscription to 212,637 e-books, 4000 e-journals through databases like Prowess, Proquest, EBSCO, Oxford Online Journals, Sage Online journals, Science direct, Euromonitor, CRISIL, Infraline etc.
- The library is also equipped with a state-of-the art check-in and check-out radio frequency identification (RFID) system.
- IIM Kashipur library is also a member of INDEST (Indian National Digital Library in Engineering Sciences & Technology) and UGC-Infonet Digital Library consortia
There are hostel facilities for both boys and girls at the institute. Accommodation is expensive but worth the money that is paid as the rooms in the hostel are extremely well furnished and at times even contain attached bathrooms and television sets for the entertainment of those occupying them.
Festivals are quite a common feature of the Indian Institute of Management Kashipur.
- Alankar is a popular festival based on Indian classical musical performances. Students from the other IIM’s in India are invited to take part in this as are students from other different business schools
- Excelsior is the annual management festival of IIM Kashipur. It has students from elite B-schools from around the globe participating in various case study competitions, business plan competitions, financial trading competitions, quizzes etc.
- TEDx is organized by the Can’t stop reading-Literary Club
- Digi-Go an event for marketing enthusiasts which included a panel discussion on the impact of digital media on marketing
- Kacofonia is a cultural event organized by IIM Kashipur.
Ranking and Award
- The Institute also has been ranked as Emerging B-School by NHRDN People Matters B-School Rankings 2014
- The Institute was awarded the membership of The Association of Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in March 2014
IIM Kashipur has several scholarships on offer to aid meritorious students in their education.
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Castes Students by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Tribes Students by Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Merit-cum means based scholarship scheme belonging to the minority communities - Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- A means-cum-merit scholarship is open for all students, including SC/STs