King’s George Medical University is one of the renowned Medical Institutes in Northern India. The university is located in the heart city of the Uttar Pradesh state – Lucknow. The university was established in the year 1911 and recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) & Medical Council of India (MCI). Prof DK Gupta is the current principal of the university.
- Earlier the University was famous as Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University.
- The university started clinical education of the First Batch of Students in the year 1914.
- In the starting, the college was affiliated to University of Lucknow.
- The college commenced Dental Education in the year 1949.
- The college became a University on the 16thSeptember 2002 under an act passed by the Government of Uttar Pradesh under former Chief Minister Sushree Mayawati.
- The university is counted among the THREE MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES in India and it is the one and only Medical University in the North India.
- The area covered by the King’s George Medical University is 100,000 square meters.
- The lush green environment of the campus and its pleasant surrounding make an ideal location to pursue exceptional education.
- The university features a fully-fledged hospital and this is the center to gain more knowledge both theoretically and practically about the related case studies of different diseases.
- Department of Cardiology
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Operative Dentistry
- Department of Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Orthodontics
- Department of Community Dentistry
The library of the university occupied an area of 3089 Square Meters. It features –
- 47729 Medical Books
- 42 Books Online
- 220 CDs
- 58046 Back Volumes Bound Journals
The university provides hostel facility to its distant students. Boys and Girls hostels are well maintained and protected under the guidance of wardens. There are total –
- 12 Hostels
- Facilities available are spacious mess hall, reading room and TV room.
Scientific Convention Centre:
The University has well-constructed and fully equipped SCIENTIFIC CONVENTION CENTRE. Facilities available are –
- 3 Halls of 200, 400 and 1400 seating capacity
- 2 banquet halls
- 2 exhibition galleries
- Basantotsav- It covered events like rangoli, cartoon drawing, collage making, mehendi, pot decoration, creative writing and poem writing
- Medifest- It is the cultural fest of the college
- Ranked 12th in India’s Best Medical Colleges by India Today, 2013
- Ranked 11th in India’s Best Medical Colleges by India Today, 2012
- Ranked 14th in India’s Best Medical Colleges by India Today, 2011