Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS), also known as Hindustan University, offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, integrated and diploma programmes. It is a highly reputed engineering institution and was ranked 3rd among private engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu. It has a high success rate in providing placements with over 500 students getting placed in 2014. The institution also has collaborative partnerships with leading universities in USA, Singapore, Australia, etc.
HITS invites applications for a full time four-year B.Tech. programme through the HITSEEE Online Entrance Examination. Last Date to apply for HITSEEE is April 15.
Selection will be based on performance in the entrance examination through merit/score. Check HITS Admission
Hindustan University offers four year B.Tech programme in the following disciplines:
- B.Tech. Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech. Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech. Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech. Civil Engineering
- B.Tech. Computer Science Engineering
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech. Information Technology
- B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering
- For all B.Tech. programmes except Biotech: You should have passed the Higher Secondary examination (12th) Curriculum (Academic Stream) prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry or equivalent, with a minimum average of 50% in these three put together.
- For B.Tech. Biotech: A minimum average of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology is required.
- For Vocational Stream: A minimum average of 50% marks in the related subjects and vocational subjects (theory and practical) is required.
Age Criteria: Candidate must be born on or after July 1998.
Nationality: You should be a resident Indian national and should have studied in schools located in India in the preceding two years.
Note: Those awaiting the Higher Secondary examination result can also apply. But improvement marks will not be considered for admission.
- The selection of students for admission shall only be on the basis of merit through the HITSEEE entrance examination which will be conducted online.
- HITSEEE stands for Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Engineering Entrance Examination which is conducted at all-India level. It is held at a total of 24 examination centres across the country, which you can select as per your convenience at the time of filling the application form.
- The exam is an objective type multiple-choice test. It consists of 3 sections, namely, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of 10+2 level.
- There will be 120 questions from different subjects. The time duration of the test is 2 hours. You can also find a sample paper available at HITS website.
- Counselling procedure will take place after the publication of the Rank List.
Note: Admit Card- You will be able to download the admit card from the college website two weeks before the exam, and you must carry the printed copy to the exam hall.
- Visit the HITS website and click on the “Admissions Open” link and further go to “Click here to register online” link.
- Register on the admission portal.
- This is a one-time process. You should fill all the required details and click on the submit button.
- Post submission, an application number will be generated by the system which you must take note of. You will also require an email id, which must be valid for at least one year from the date of application.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signatures which must be in .jpg format and less than 50 KB in size.
- Application fees is Rs.925.00 + Bank charges which you can pay via credit card, or debit card, or net banking.
- Print Provisional Registration Slip and carefully retain it for future reference. You are not required to courier it or email it.
The reservation policy of the institute will be as per the norms prescribed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College